Red Bull`s Sebastian Vettel stays on top at Monza
Monza, Italy: Red Bull`s Sebastian Vettel lapped fastest in final practice for the Italian Grand Prix on Saturday with Ferrari`s Fernando Alonso, his closest title rival, close behind.
The triple world champion set himself up for qualifying with a fastest lap of one minute 24.360 seconds at Ferrari`s home circuit.
Alonso`s best was 1:24.643, with the Spaniard splitting the Red Bull drivers on the timesheets. Australian Mark Webber was third for Red Bull.
Lewis Hamilton, who will be chasing his fifth successive pole, was fourth quickest for Mercedes but team mate Nico Rosberg suffered an hydraulics problem and was last after getting in just five laps.
Vettel, who was also fastest in Friday`s second practice, has a 46 point lead over Alonso with eight races, including Sunday`s remaining.
Force India`s Paul Di Resta crashed at Parabolica. The Briton was unhurt.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Mumbai High court allows entry of women in Haji Ali Dargah
- DNA: Analysis of fraudulent doctor in Noida treating patients with wrong treatment
- DNA: Analyzing Balochistan's citizens struggle for freedom
- DNA: Two Syrian boys grieving death of brother killed in airstrike
- DNA: Analyzing world's first driverless taxi developed by Singapore company
- School dropout biggest crisis in India, says Singapore Deputy PM
- Italy quake death toll hits 278, state funeral planned
- Jigisha killer Ravi Kapoor convicted in taxi-driver murder case
- Records aside, US Open getting personal for Serena Williams
- World Risk Report 2016: India ranks 77th in world disaster risk index