Red Bull`s Sebastian Vettel stays on top at Monza
Monza, Italy: Red Bull`s Sebastian Vettel lapped fastest in final practice for the Italian Grand Prix on Saturday with Ferrari`s Fernando Alonso, his closest title rival, close behind.
The triple world champion set himself up for qualifying with a fastest lap of one minute 24.360 seconds at Ferrari`s home circuit.
Alonso`s best was 1:24.643, with the Spaniard splitting the Red Bull drivers on the timesheets. Australian Mark Webber was third for Red Bull.
Lewis Hamilton, who will be chasing his fifth successive pole, was fourth quickest for Mercedes but team mate Nico Rosberg suffered an hydraulics problem and was last after getting in just five laps.
Vettel, who was also fastest in Friday`s second practice, has a 46 point lead over Alonso with eight races, including Sunday`s remaining.
Force India`s Paul Di Resta crashed at Parabolica. The Briton was unhurt.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal