Red Bull`s Sebastian Vettel stays on top at Monza
Monza, Italy: Red Bull`s Sebastian Vettel lapped fastest in final practice for the Italian Grand Prix on Saturday with Ferrari`s Fernando Alonso, his closest title rival, close behind.
The triple world champion set himself up for qualifying with a fastest lap of one minute 24.360 seconds at Ferrari`s home circuit.
Alonso`s best was 1:24.643, with the Spaniard splitting the Red Bull drivers on the timesheets. Australian Mark Webber was third for Red Bull.
Lewis Hamilton, who will be chasing his fifth successive pole, was fourth quickest for Mercedes but team mate Nico Rosberg suffered an hydraulics problem and was last after getting in just five laps.
Vettel, who was also fastest in Friday`s second practice, has a 46 point lead over Alonso with eight races, including Sunday`s remaining.
Force India`s Paul Di Resta crashed at Parabolica. The Briton was unhurt.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured