Red Bull`s Sebastian Vettel stays on top at Monza
Monza, Italy: Red Bull`s Sebastian Vettel lapped fastest in final practice for the Italian Grand Prix on Saturday with Ferrari`s Fernando Alonso, his closest title rival, close behind.
The triple world champion set himself up for qualifying with a fastest lap of one minute 24.360 seconds at Ferrari`s home circuit.
Alonso`s best was 1:24.643, with the Spaniard splitting the Red Bull drivers on the timesheets. Australian Mark Webber was third for Red Bull.
Lewis Hamilton, who will be chasing his fifth successive pole, was fourth quickest for Mercedes but team mate Nico Rosberg suffered an hydraulics problem and was last after getting in just five laps.
Vettel, who was also fastest in Friday`s second practice, has a 46 point lead over Alonso with eight races, including Sunday`s remaining.
Force India`s Paul Di Resta crashed at Parabolica. The Briton was unhurt.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Donald Trump asked to stop talking about Benghazi victims
- Under construction building collapses in Hyderabad, several labourers trapped
- What a dance! Pakistan's 'Hrithik Roshan' enthralls judges of America's Got Talent - WATCH
- BSF, Pakistan Rangers to hold DG-level talks in Islamabad next week
- Colossal buzz! Karan Johar mighty impressed with Riteish Deshmukh's 'Banjo'- See teaser poster