Ricciardo says reigning F1 champion Vettel not `invincible`
Sydney: Daniel Ricciardo has reportedly vowed not to be in a subordinate position to reigning world champion Sebastian Vettel in the upcoming Grand Prix opener at the Albert Park Formula One track in Melbourne and has said that Vettel is not `invincible`.
Ricciardo, who has been promoted to the title-winning Red Bull Racing team for this year to replace retired formula one ace Mark Webber, infamously clashed with Vettel during their time together as teammates in a sometimes-peevish relationship that reached its climax when Vettel ignored team instructions and passed Webber to steal the win at last year`s Malaysian Grand Prix.
According to the Sydney Morning Herald, Ricciardo is not dominated with four back-to-back title winner Vettel despite never having won a grand prix and said that he would be pretty pleased to be in front if last year instead of Webber it would have been him in Malaysia.
Ricciardo, who faces the best formula one racers including Lewis Hamilton, Jenson Button and Fernando Alonso, has said that he is not perturbed by the prospect of competing against the sport`s best and added that when someone hangs around the formula one drivers, the world champions, they realise that everyone is `human`, the report added.
Ricciardo also said that although the drivers have got unreal ability behind the wheel, no one is `superhuman` adding that he sees Vettel as a `normal person` who is not `invincible`, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today