Tim Goss replaces Paddy Lowe as McLaren technical head
London: McLaren Mercedes have elevated the team`s director of engineering Tim Goss to be the technical director with immediate effect, replacing Paddy Lowe in the role.
Tim joined McLaren in 1990 as a development engineer, and has been a central and successful stalwart of the team`s engineering and technical function ever since, leading car design operations since his elevation to director of engineering in January 2011.
"I`m delighted to have been offered this role and I`m greatly looking forward to making a significant contribution to McLaren Mercedes` ongoing success in that role.
"As before, I`ll be leading our car design operations, while continuing the process of evolving and improving our technical and engineering function in collaboration with Martin (Whitmarsh), Jonathan (Neale), Sam (Michael), Neil (Oatley) and the rest of the team."
Team principal Martin Whitmarsh added: "I`d like to offer my congratulations to Tim on his new position, which, after more than 20 years of exceptional service for McLaren, he richly deserves."
Goss`s predecessor Lowe will be joining Mercedes at the end of the year and will not be travelling with McLaren for the season opener in Melbourne March 17.
"Paddy (Lowe) will be performing a different role within McLaren until the end of the year. He`s been a good and successful F1 technical director, and we wish him well when he embarks on a fresh challenge in 2014," said Whitmarsh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it