Vettel in danger of losing F1 title
London: Red Bull ace Sebastian Vettel is in danger of losing his Formula One championship title if Ferrari appeals against the German for ignoring no overtaking lights on his way to clinching the title in Brazil and the race`s result may yet change.
Footage from Vettel`s own car appears to show he failed to respect three yellow ‘no overtaking’ lights on the side of the circuit as he roared past Toro Rosso stablemate Jean-Eric Vergne in the rain and another yellow light in his cockpit.
The lightest punishment Vettel could receive is a 20-second penalty, which would put him back from sixth to eighth in the race, thereby losing the world championship by a single point as opposed to winning it by three.
Ferrari are said to be evaluating footage of the incident, the Daily Mirror reports.
Alonso posted a cryptic message in Spanish which said: “I don’t believe in miracles. I make my miracles out of correct rules.”
Various sources claim he is pushing Ferrari to lodge an official protest. The Spaniard finished second to Jenson Button in Sunday’s final round of the world championship outside Sao Paulo but Vettel recovered from crashing out to battle back to sixth.
The case appears to rest on whether a marshall is on the inside of the circuit, unseen by cameras was waving a ‘all clear’ green flag.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details