Vettel in danger of losing F1 title
London: Red Bull ace Sebastian Vettel is in danger of losing his Formula One championship title if Ferrari appeals against the German for ignoring no overtaking lights on his way to clinching the title in Brazil and the race`s result may yet change.
Footage from Vettel`s own car appears to show he failed to respect three yellow ‘no overtaking’ lights on the side of the circuit as he roared past Toro Rosso stablemate Jean-Eric Vergne in the rain and another yellow light in his cockpit.
The lightest punishment Vettel could receive is a 20-second penalty, which would put him back from sixth to eighth in the race, thereby losing the world championship by a single point as opposed to winning it by three.
Ferrari are said to be evaluating footage of the incident, the Daily Mirror reports.
Alonso posted a cryptic message in Spanish which said: “I don’t believe in miracles. I make my miracles out of correct rules.”
Various sources claim he is pushing Ferrari to lodge an official protest. The Spaniard finished second to Jenson Button in Sunday’s final round of the world championship outside Sao Paulo but Vettel recovered from crashing out to battle back to sixth.
The case appears to rest on whether a marshall is on the inside of the circuit, unseen by cameras was waving a ‘all clear’ green flag.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister