2012 Olympics to generate extra 1 billion pounds: British PM
London: The 2012 London Olympic Games will generate more than one billion pounds of additional revenue for British businesses, said the British prime minister.
Britain believes the Olympic Games are the greatest business networking event in the global calendar where companies from all over the world will come to London to meet, interact and do business.
To take full advantage of this unique opportunity to deliver a worthwhile and lasting business legacy across Britain, the government will be hosting the biggest ever investment conference the country has ever seen, Xinhua reported.
Prime Minister David Cameron said: "A wide range of British companies will be involved alongside the world`s leading business figures in this exciting programme of events, putting the UK at the forefront of efforts to resolve the economic challenges that face us all."
"We are working hard to make sure the whole country can seize this once in a generation opportunity. We expect these events to generate at least 1 billion pound for British businesses and they are vital to our efforts to secure a long-term return to sustainable growth," he added.
Britain has developed a Games time programme of networking opportunities, conferences, summits, seminars and face-to-face meetings for British and international businesses.
As the platform for showcasing international business partnerships and the best of British expertise and skill, the Olympics conference series is the key element of this programme running from the eve of the Games on July 26th to end of the Paralympics Sep 7.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details