AISPB, CAGI to clash in sr men`s hockey national final
Lucknow: Air India Sports Promotion Board (AISPB) and Comptroller and Auditor General Of India (CAGI) beat Uttar Pradesh and Railway Sports Promotion Board (RSPB) respectively to set up a clash against each other in the summit clash of the fourth Hockey India Senior Men National Championship 2014 (Division A), on Saturday.
While AISPB eked out a hard-fought 2-1 win over UP in the first semi-final, CAGI defeated RSPB 3-2 in the other last four match at Major Dhyan Chand Hockey Stadium here.
Gaganpreet Singh (13th) and Shivendra Singh (68th) were the goal-getters for AISPB, while UP`s
lone goal was scored by Amir Khan (43rd).
In the next semi-final, CAGI scored through Darshan D S (27th, 34th) and Chandan Singh (64th), while RSPB`s both goals came from the sticks of Amit Rohidas (23rd, 55th).
Semi-final 1: Air India Sports Promotion Board 2 Gaganpreet Singh (13th) and Shivendra Singh (68th) vs Uttar Pradesh 1 Amir Khan (43rd).
Semi-final 2: Comptroller and Auditor General Of India 3 Darshan D S (27th, 34th) and Chandan Singh (64th) vs Railway Sports Promotion Board 2 Amit Rohidas (23rd and 55th).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown