AISPB, CAGI to clash in sr men`s hockey national final
Lucknow: Air India Sports Promotion Board (AISPB) and Comptroller and Auditor General Of India (CAGI) beat Uttar Pradesh and Railway Sports Promotion Board (RSPB) respectively to set up a clash against each other in the summit clash of the fourth Hockey India Senior Men National Championship 2014 (Division A), on Saturday.
While AISPB eked out a hard-fought 2-1 win over UP in the first semi-final, CAGI defeated RSPB 3-2 in the other last four match at Major Dhyan Chand Hockey Stadium here.
Gaganpreet Singh (13th) and Shivendra Singh (68th) were the goal-getters for AISPB, while UP`s
lone goal was scored by Amir Khan (43rd).
In the next semi-final, CAGI scored through Darshan D S (27th, 34th) and Chandan Singh (64th), while RSPB`s both goals came from the sticks of Amit Rohidas (23rd, 55th).
Semi-final 1: Air India Sports Promotion Board 2 Gaganpreet Singh (13th) and Shivendra Singh (68th) vs Uttar Pradesh 1 Amir Khan (43rd).
Semi-final 2: Comptroller and Auditor General Of India 3 Darshan D S (27th, 34th) and Chandan Singh (64th) vs Railway Sports Promotion Board 2 Amit Rohidas (23rd and 55th).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Fiji: Floating island restaurant in middle of ocean
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened