BAI announces Rs 10 lakh award for Saina
New Delhi: Cash rewards continued to pour in for ace shuttler Saina Nehwal with Badminton Association of India (BAI) president Akhilesh Das Gupta today announcing a cheque of Rs 10 lakh for the Indian who clinched successive titles at Thailand and Indonesia recently.
The world number five Indian clinched the Thailand Open Grand Prix Gold in Bangkok earlier in the month, before winning the Indonesian Super Series Premier in Jakarta last week.
Congratulating Saina for her triumphs, Das Gupta said: "I am very delighted that Saina has broken the Chinese wall once again by defeating two of them in Indonesia and gained her confidence against China.
"I wish her best of luck for the London Olympics," he said.
The Andhra Pradesh Government had yesterday announced a cash incentive of Rs 50 lakh to Saina for winning three international badminton titles, which included the Swiss Open in March, so far this season.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days