BAI announces Rs 10 lakh award for Saina
New Delhi: Cash rewards continued to pour in for ace shuttler Saina Nehwal with Badminton Association of India (BAI) president Akhilesh Das Gupta today announcing a cheque of Rs 10 lakh for the Indian who clinched successive titles at Thailand and Indonesia recently.
The world number five Indian clinched the Thailand Open Grand Prix Gold in Bangkok earlier in the month, before winning the Indonesian Super Series Premier in Jakarta last week.
Congratulating Saina for her triumphs, Das Gupta said: "I am very delighted that Saina has broken the Chinese wall once again by defeating two of them in Indonesia and gained her confidence against China.
"I wish her best of luck for the London Olympics," he said.
The Andhra Pradesh Government had yesterday announced a cash incentive of Rs 50 lakh to Saina for winning three international badminton titles, which included the Swiss Open in March, so far this season.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!