BAI announces Rs 10 lakh award for Saina
New Delhi: Cash rewards continued to pour in for ace shuttler Saina Nehwal with Badminton Association of India (BAI) president Akhilesh Das Gupta today announcing a cheque of Rs 10 lakh for the Indian who clinched successive titles at Thailand and Indonesia recently.
The world number five Indian clinched the Thailand Open Grand Prix Gold in Bangkok earlier in the month, before winning the Indonesian Super Series Premier in Jakarta last week.
Congratulating Saina for her triumphs, Das Gupta said: "I am very delighted that Saina has broken the Chinese wall once again by defeating two of them in Indonesia and gained her confidence against China.
"I wish her best of luck for the London Olympics," he said.
The Andhra Pradesh Government had yesterday announced a cash incentive of Rs 50 lakh to Saina for winning three international badminton titles, which included the Swiss Open in March, so far this season.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video