BAI revises Nationals draw after Bombay HC order
New Delhi: Following Bombay High Court`s directive to include Prajakta Sawant in the mixed doubles competition, the Badminton Association of India (BAI) today revised its draws in the doubles category of the 78th Senior National Championships at Siri Fort stadium here.
Sawant along with Sanave Thomas had recently won Bahrain International Challenge in November in the mixed doubles competition and her entry was sent along with the men`s doubles player but it was not accepted in the draw list as Kerala Badminton (Shuttle) Association (KBSA) had withdrawn the entry of Sanave on his request.
"We have included Prajakta Sawant`s name in the draw after the Bombay High Court ruling. Actually, Sanave Thomas had asked his state association to withdraw his entry," BAI vice-president TPS Puri told PTI.
Sawant will now play along with Kamaldeep Singh in the mixed doubles event, while Sanave will play in the men`s doubles competition which gets underway tomorrow.
In the draw, BAI is also entering the names of Akshay Dewalkar and Pradnya Gadre, whose names were earlier missed by the governing body. The last date for accepting entries was November 27.
"We missed the entries somehow, they had sent the entries within the deadline," said Puri.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will step down if chair becomes impediment in father's vision for J&K: Mehbooba Mufti
- Nuke programme made Pakistan's defence impregnable: Nawaz Sharif
- Indian Army now confirms Hizbul Mujahideen militant Tariq Pandit held
- Kepler 62f: An exoplanet 1200 light years away may be habitable!
- UEFA Champions League final: Five classic Real Madrid-Atletico Madrid derbies