IOC `considering` using London 2012 venues for 2016 Olympics
London: The International Olympics Committee (IOC) is reportedly considering on shifting to `plan B` with London hosting the 2016 Olympic Games as the progress in Brazil seems to be lacking for the event.
Media reports have claimed that the Olympic Games organizer`s official body held secret talks to discuss if London could take over the hosting of the even from Rio de Janeiro for 2016.
According to Metro.co.uk, the IOC is concerned about the lack of progress in Rio regarding its planning for the event, with sections of Brazilian media calling its management `shambolic`.
A senior IOC official revealed that Rio`s planning for the Olympics is the worst he has ever seen while urgent work on speeding up the progress for the event`s preparations has begun.
However, London is apparently being considered as an alternative to host the Olympics in 2016 if Rio fails to deliver.
Speculations are that organisers in London have already been approached about the issue and they have given the green light to taking on the project, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists?
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part II
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part III
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part IV
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- Mamata condoles Mahasweta Devi's passing
- Pope Francis falls in Poland, escapes injury
- Xiaomi Redmi Pro with dual rear cameras, OLED display, 128GB memory launched
- UNBELIEVABLE BUT TRUE: In this Pakistani town, guns are cheaper than smartphones!
- Jacqueline Fernandez dates a superhero! Brand new poster of Tiger Shroff's 'A Flying Jatt' is super cute- See poster