Manavjit fetches two medals in Asian Clay shooting
New Delhi: Former world champion Manavjit Singh Sandhu combined with Mansher Singh and Birendeep Singh to clinch the men`s trap team gold but settled for silver in the individual event of the Asian Clay Shooting Championship in Bangkok.
Manavjit (120/125), Mansher (110) and Birendeep (111) won the Gold medal with a score of 341/375.
Manavjit took the silver individually with a score of 120+18. He was tied with a Kuwaiti shooter in the qualifying round in which both had scores of 120/125. But in the finals, the Kuwaiti shooter won the gold with 19/25, whereas Manavjit could shoot only 18/25.
Yesterday, in the women`s Trap event, Shreyasi Singh (58/75), Seema Tomar (54) and Varsha Tomar (54) won the Bronze medal in team event, the National Rifles Association of India (NRAI) said in a statement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown