Manavjit fetches two medals in Asian Clay shooting
New Delhi: Former world champion Manavjit Singh Sandhu combined with Mansher Singh and Birendeep Singh to clinch the men`s trap team gold but settled for silver in the individual event of the Asian Clay Shooting Championship in Bangkok.
Manavjit (120/125), Mansher (110) and Birendeep (111) won the Gold medal with a score of 341/375.
Manavjit took the silver individually with a score of 120+18. He was tied with a Kuwaiti shooter in the qualifying round in which both had scores of 120/125. But in the finals, the Kuwaiti shooter won the gold with 19/25, whereas Manavjit could shoot only 18/25.
Yesterday, in the women`s Trap event, Shreyasi Singh (58/75), Seema Tomar (54) and Varsha Tomar (54) won the Bronze medal in team event, the National Rifles Association of India (NRAI) said in a statement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Clash between two football players leaves one dead
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer?
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer? - Part II
- DNA: Analysis of India's first-ever indigenous space shuttle RLV-TD
- DNA: Analysis of Chabahar pact signed between India, Iran and Afghanistan
- 45 union ministers to tour UP on Modi government's second anniversary
- Man who tried shaking hands with lion sent to jail in Hyderabad
- Congress planning to digitalise photographs, speeches of Indira Gandhi
- Left, Congress threaten to skip Mamata's swearing-in, BJP to observe black day
- FSSAI to remove potassium bromate from food additives list