Manavjit fetches two medals in Asian Clay shooting
New Delhi: Former world champion Manavjit Singh Sandhu combined with Mansher Singh and Birendeep Singh to clinch the men`s trap team gold but settled for silver in the individual event of the Asian Clay Shooting Championship in Bangkok.
Manavjit (120/125), Mansher (110) and Birendeep (111) won the Gold medal with a score of 341/375.
Manavjit took the silver individually with a score of 120+18. He was tied with a Kuwaiti shooter in the qualifying round in which both had scores of 120/125. But in the finals, the Kuwaiti shooter won the gold with 19/25, whereas Manavjit could shoot only 18/25.
Yesterday, in the women`s Trap event, Shreyasi Singh (58/75), Seema Tomar (54) and Varsha Tomar (54) won the Bronze medal in team event, the National Rifles Association of India (NRAI) said in a statement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video