Manavjit fetches two medals in Asian Clay shooting
New Delhi: Former world champion Manavjit Singh Sandhu combined with Mansher Singh and Birendeep Singh to clinch the men`s trap team gold but settled for silver in the individual event of the Asian Clay Shooting Championship in Bangkok.
Manavjit (120/125), Mansher (110) and Birendeep (111) won the Gold medal with a score of 341/375.
Manavjit took the silver individually with a score of 120+18. He was tied with a Kuwaiti shooter in the qualifying round in which both had scores of 120/125. But in the finals, the Kuwaiti shooter won the gold with 19/25, whereas Manavjit could shoot only 18/25.
Yesterday, in the women`s Trap event, Shreyasi Singh (58/75), Seema Tomar (54) and Varsha Tomar (54) won the Bronze medal in team event, the National Rifles Association of India (NRAI) said in a statement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Peter Mukerjea knew Sheena was Indrani's daughter: Report
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sheena Bora and Mikhail had different fathers?