MP government`s aid to hockey player for father`s treatment
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh government would give a financial help of Rs 50,000 to E Rajani, a woman hockey player of the country for her father`s treatment.
An announcement in this regard was made by the Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister, Shivraj Singh Chouhan while talking to journalists here last evening.
Rajani, a promising goalkeeper from Tirupati in Andhra Pradesh is currently camping at SAI Centre, Bhopal with the core group of probables for senior Women`s National Hockey squad.
"Financial help of Rs 50,000 is being given for the operation of Rajani`s father, who is bed-ridden due to stone in his kidney and doctors have said that he cannot be cured without surgery," the Chief Minister said.
Rajani, a B.Com II year student, has a family of six members and her financial condition is not in good shape as the only source of livelihood is a cow, whose milk fetches monthly income of around Rs 3,000 to them
Meanwhile, Chief Coach of Women`s Hockey team, M K Kaushik today expressed gratitude toward the Chief Minister for providing help to Rajani for her father`s treatment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?