MP government`s aid to hockey player for father`s treatment
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh government would give a financial help of Rs 50,000 to E Rajani, a woman hockey player of the country for her father`s treatment.
An announcement in this regard was made by the Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister, Shivraj Singh Chouhan while talking to journalists here last evening.
Rajani, a promising goalkeeper from Tirupati in Andhra Pradesh is currently camping at SAI Centre, Bhopal with the core group of probables for senior Women`s National Hockey squad.
"Financial help of Rs 50,000 is being given for the operation of Rajani`s father, who is bed-ridden due to stone in his kidney and doctors have said that he cannot be cured without surgery," the Chief Minister said.
Rajani, a B.Com II year student, has a family of six members and her financial condition is not in good shape as the only source of livelihood is a cow, whose milk fetches monthly income of around Rs 3,000 to them
Meanwhile, Chief Coach of Women`s Hockey team, M K Kaushik today expressed gratitude toward the Chief Minister for providing help to Rajani for her father`s treatment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead