Pakistan draw 2-2 against Korea in Azlan Shah Cup
Ipoh: Pakistan ended their campaign at this year`s Sultan Azlan Shah Cup hockey tournament with a 2-2 draw against Korea on Saturday.
The draw meant both Pakistan and Korea finish their league engagements with five points each.
Today`s game was all about pride than anything else for Pakistan and Korea as both the teams were already out of the contention coming into the match.
The Koreans showcased great fighting spirit as twice they came from a goal down to hold the mighty Pakistanis.
Pakistan had the better of exchanges in the intial stages of the match. They earned two penalty corners early but on both occasion skipper Muhammad Imran came a cropper.
Salman Hussain then gave Pakistan the lead in the 17th minute, who slotted home from Haseem Khan`s cross from the left flank.
Korea, however, restored the parity just four minutes into the second half through a penalty corner conversion by Hyun Hye Sung.
Pakistan surged ahead again, when Haseem Khan scored a field goal in the 47th minute before an own goal gave Korea the equaliser in the 53rd minute.
Yoon Sung Hoon sent in a reverse hit inside the `D`, more in hope, but found an obliging Pakistan defender Muhammad Irfan, who unerringly deflected the ball in while trying to push it out.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest