Parker powers Spurs over Mavs
San Antonio: The San Antonio Spurs led wire-to-wire by cruising to a 112-90 victory over the Dallas Mavericks behind a 25-point performance from Tony Parker on Wednesday.
Parker also finished with seven assists and Marco Belinelli came off the bench to score 17 points for the Spurs who snapped the Mavericks` four game National Basketball Association win streak.
The Spurs had to play without star Manu Ginobili, who skipped the contest due to a hamstring injury.
Tim Duncan added 16 points and 13 rebounds for the Spurs who held Germany`s Dirk Nowitzki to eight points on three-of-14 shooting.
Monta Ellis had a solid game with 21 points and four assists.
Dallas got to the free throw line just eight times while San Antonio shot an impressive 23-of-26 from the foul line.
The Spurs started quickly, building a 12-point lead in the first quarter and cruising into halftime on top, 45-38.
Parker and Duncan then went to work. They scored on the opening five possessions of the third quarter to extend San Antonio`s lead to 55-42.
A 15-2 run near the end of the third helped seal the Mavs` fate. Parker opened the run with a three-point play and Belinelli had seven points during it, comprising a three-pointer, a drive to the rim and two free throws to give the hosts a commanding 80-59 lead in the closing seconds.
The Spurs led by as much as 29 in the final quarter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rio Olympics should be moved or postponed due to Zika, suggest experts
- Mehbooba Mufti hints no separate colonies for Kashmiri Pandits in J&K
- Bihar board Intermediate Result 2016 declared: Check BSEB 12th Result result at www.biharboard.ac.in, www.biharboard.bih.nic.in
- Chidambaram wonders if Modi govt 'deserves' RBI Governor Raghuram Rajan
- Iran`s supreme leader Khamenei warns of Western 'schemes' as new MPs meet