Pistorius looking to settle previous lawsuit ‘confidentially’
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Pretoria: South African Paralympic hero who has recently been embroiled in a murder charge Oscar Pistorius is now apparently holding ‘confidential’ talks to resolve a previous lawsuit.
Having seen enough of the courts in recent times, Pistorius’ attorney confirmed that the man popularly known as the Blade Runner wanted to resolve a lawsuit against a woman who had accused him of assault without really going through the entire court process.
"There are confidential settlement negotiations underway," his attorney, Gary Pritchard, confirmed.
Pistorius is suing his former neighbour Cassidy Taylor-Memmory who accused him of slamming a door on her face during a party at his place back in 2009. The charge led him to spending a night behind bars before the charges were dropped by the police.
"It was a couple of years back. He claimed damages to his reputation from her," Pritchard said of the $200,000 lawsuit.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Trinamool Congress activist was part of Pak ISI spy ring?
- Bigg Boss: When Kriti Sanon played Aishwarya Rai’s part to romance Salman Khan
- SP leader Azam Khan stirs fresh controversy, says RSS leaders are homosexuals
- WATCH: Pakistan vs England, 3rd T20: Complete highlights