Pistorius looking to settle previous lawsuit ‘confidentially’
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Pretoria: South African Paralympic hero who has recently been embroiled in a murder charge Oscar Pistorius is now apparently holding ‘confidential’ talks to resolve a previous lawsuit.
Having seen enough of the courts in recent times, Pistorius’ attorney confirmed that the man popularly known as the Blade Runner wanted to resolve a lawsuit against a woman who had accused him of assault without really going through the entire court process.
"There are confidential settlement negotiations underway," his attorney, Gary Pritchard, confirmed.
Pistorius is suing his former neighbour Cassidy Taylor-Memmory who accused him of slamming a door on her face during a party at his place back in 2009. The charge led him to spending a night behind bars before the charges were dropped by the police.
"It was a couple of years back. He claimed damages to his reputation from her," Pritchard said of the $200,000 lawsuit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city