Projects sanctioned under Urban Sports Infrastructure scheme
New Delhi: The Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports is all set to implement the Urban Sports Infrastructure Scheme (USIS) with an aim to develop sports infrastructure in the country.
Under this scheme, sanction is accorded for laying of synthetic playing surface for football, hockey and athletics and for the construction of multipurpose indoor hall.
The Ministry has approved the construction of multi-purpose halls at Agricultural College, Bapatla (Guntur District, Andhra Pradesh), District Sports Association, (Silchar, Assam), Pathananmthitta (Kerala), at Pilakkal (Payyanand, Malappuram District, Kerala), Thoubal District (Manipur), Dimapur (Nagaland), Global Open University, (Sodzulhou Village, Nagaland) and Sports Complex Mohan Lal Sukhadia University, (Udaipur, Rajasthan).
It has also decided to lay astro turf hockey field at YSR Sports School, (Putlampalli, District Kadapa), besides laying synthetic turf football ground at Jalukier Town (Perun District, Nagaland) and Lhaden Sports Academy Complex (Itanagar, Arunachal Pradesh).
The project includes laying synthetic athletic tracks at Bhim Stadium (Bhiwani, Haryana) and War Heroes Stadium (Sangrur, Punjab).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Sheena Bora murder: DNA sample to reveal the truth
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Sheena murder case: Villager helps locate spot where body was buried