Real Madrid world`s most valuable team: Forbes
Toronto: Real Madrid headed a trio of European soccer clubs at the top of a list of the world`s 50 most valuable sports teams released by Forbes on Monday which was dominated by National Football League (NFL) franchises.
The nine-time European champions were worth USD 3.3 billion, up from USD 1.88 billion last year, due in large part to increased revenue from deals with Adidas and Emirates Airlines, Forbes said in a statement.
Manchester United (3.17 billion) swapped places with Real and sit in second spot while Spanish soccer champions Barcelona (2.6 billion) moved up five places to third.
Major League Baseball`s (MLB) New York Yankees fell one spot to fourth, followed by the NFL`s Dallas Cowboys and New England Patriots.
Rounding out the top 10 were MLB`s Los Angeles Dodgers, the NFL`s Washington Redskins and New York Giants, and London-based soccer club Arsenal.
With 30 teams in the top 50, the NFL occupies 60 percent of this year`s list. The average value of the top 50 teams is USD 1.24 billion, which is a 16 percent increase from last year.
The 20 non-NFL teams in the top 50 are comprised of seven each from MLB and soccer, three from the National Basketball Association, two from motor racing and one from the National Hockey League.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'