Real Madrid world`s most valuable team: Forbes
Toronto: Real Madrid headed a trio of European soccer clubs at the top of a list of the world`s 50 most valuable sports teams released by Forbes on Monday which was dominated by National Football League (NFL) franchises.
The nine-time European champions were worth USD 3.3 billion, up from USD 1.88 billion last year, due in large part to increased revenue from deals with Adidas and Emirates Airlines, Forbes said in a statement.
Manchester United (3.17 billion) swapped places with Real and sit in second spot while Spanish soccer champions Barcelona (2.6 billion) moved up five places to third.
Major League Baseball`s (MLB) New York Yankees fell one spot to fourth, followed by the NFL`s Dallas Cowboys and New England Patriots.
Rounding out the top 10 were MLB`s Los Angeles Dodgers, the NFL`s Washington Redskins and New York Giants, and London-based soccer club Arsenal.
With 30 teams in the top 50, the NFL occupies 60 percent of this year`s list. The average value of the top 50 teams is USD 1.24 billion, which is a 16 percent increase from last year.
The 20 non-NFL teams in the top 50 are comprised of seven each from MLB and soccer, three from the National Basketball Association, two from motor racing and one from the National Hockey League.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi