Runner dies at Brighton Marathon
London: A 23-year-old man collapsed and then died during the Brighton Marathon in the south English port city.
The runner who was reportedly from London collapsed after suffering a suspected cardiac arrest Sunday.
He was treated by paramedics and an off-duty police officer of Sussex Police said he was taken to the Royal Sussex County Hospital in Brighton for emergency surgery but was pronounced dead later.
More than 9,000 participants took part in fourth Brighton marathon, which was first held in the city in 2010.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder