Saina slips further to 9th in BWF rankings
New Delhi: India`s Olympic bronze medallist shuttler Saina Nehwal dropped a place to be at ninth position, while P V Sindhu retained her 11th spot in the latest Badminton World Federation (BWF) rankings issued Thursday.
Saina`s indifferent form continued with her defeat in the second round of Malaysia Open Super Series Premier last week, which impacted her rankings.
Saina, who had endured a tough season last year where she could not win a single title, was overtaken by Juliane Schenk of Germany.
The 23-year-old girl from Hyderabad is currently playing in the India Grand Prix Gold and she will be hoping for a strong finish in the tournament to climb the ladder once again.
World Championship bronze medallist Sindhu, who also lost in the second round of Malaysian Open, however, managed to maintain No.11 ranking.
On the other hand, top male shuttler Parupalli Kashyap jumped two places to be at No. 18, while Mumbai`s Ajay Jayaram moved up a place to be at 21th position.
No Indians figure in the top 25 of the men`s, women`s or mixed doubles rankings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’