Saina slips further to 9th in BWF rankings
New Delhi: India`s Olympic bronze medallist shuttler Saina Nehwal dropped a place to be at ninth position, while P V Sindhu retained her 11th spot in the latest Badminton World Federation (BWF) rankings issued Thursday.
Saina`s indifferent form continued with her defeat in the second round of Malaysia Open Super Series Premier last week, which impacted her rankings.
Saina, who had endured a tough season last year where she could not win a single title, was overtaken by Juliane Schenk of Germany.
The 23-year-old girl from Hyderabad is currently playing in the India Grand Prix Gold and she will be hoping for a strong finish in the tournament to climb the ladder once again.
World Championship bronze medallist Sindhu, who also lost in the second round of Malaysian Open, however, managed to maintain No.11 ranking.
On the other hand, top male shuttler Parupalli Kashyap jumped two places to be at No. 18, while Mumbai`s Ajay Jayaram moved up a place to be at 21th position.
No Indians figure in the top 25 of the men`s, women`s or mixed doubles rankings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi