Sourabh, Jayaram, Kashyap lose in Swiss Open
New Delhi: Indian challenge ended in the men`s singles competition with Ajay Jayaram, P Kashyap and Sourabh Verma losing their second round matches at the Swiss Open Grand Prix Gold in Basel, Switzerland.
Jayaram lasted a little over half an hour as Pedro Martins notched up a 21-16, 21-16 win last night, while P Kashyap also went down to seventh seed Tien Minh Nguyen 13-21, 18-2.
National champion Sourabh also found the going tough and suffered a 10-21, 9-21 defeat to 13th seeded Korean Wan Ho Shon in 30 minutes.
India ace and defending champion Saina Nehwal and men`s doubles pair of Rupesh Kumar and Sanave Thomas are the only survivors in the tournament now.
The third seeded Indian will take on Judith Meulendijks of the Netherlands in the third round match later in the day.
Rupesh and Sanave will fight it out with fifth seeded Indonesian pair of Alvent Yulianto Chandra and Hendra Aprida Gunawan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy