Sourabh, Jayaram, Kashyap lose in Swiss Open
New Delhi: Indian challenge ended in the men`s singles competition with Ajay Jayaram, P Kashyap and Sourabh Verma losing their second round matches at the Swiss Open Grand Prix Gold in Basel, Switzerland.
Jayaram lasted a little over half an hour as Pedro Martins notched up a 21-16, 21-16 win last night, while P Kashyap also went down to seventh seed Tien Minh Nguyen 13-21, 18-2.
National champion Sourabh also found the going tough and suffered a 10-21, 9-21 defeat to 13th seeded Korean Wan Ho Shon in 30 minutes.
India ace and defending champion Saina Nehwal and men`s doubles pair of Rupesh Kumar and Sanave Thomas are the only survivors in the tournament now.
The third seeded Indian will take on Judith Meulendijks of the Netherlands in the third round match later in the day.
Rupesh and Sanave will fight it out with fifth seeded Indonesian pair of Alvent Yulianto Chandra and Hendra Aprida Gunawan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III
- Centuries-old fair symbolising maize blossom begins in Himachal
- 2016 Olympics: Russia escape blanket ban, but IOC bars whistle-blower from Rio Games
- Pakistan Daily calls Nawaz Sharif's statement on Kashmir 'wishful thinking and unrealistic'
- Hungarian Grand Prix: Record fifth win sends Lewis Hamilton top
- Olympian predicts record medal haul from Indian shooters at 2016 Rio Games