Sourabh, Jayaram, Kashyap lose in Swiss Open
New Delhi: Indian challenge ended in the men`s singles competition with Ajay Jayaram, P Kashyap and Sourabh Verma losing their second round matches at the Swiss Open Grand Prix Gold in Basel, Switzerland.
Jayaram lasted a little over half an hour as Pedro Martins notched up a 21-16, 21-16 win last night, while P Kashyap also went down to seventh seed Tien Minh Nguyen 13-21, 18-2.
National champion Sourabh also found the going tough and suffered a 10-21, 9-21 defeat to 13th seeded Korean Wan Ho Shon in 30 minutes.
India ace and defending champion Saina Nehwal and men`s doubles pair of Rupesh Kumar and Sanave Thomas are the only survivors in the tournament now.
The third seeded Indian will take on Judith Meulendijks of the Netherlands in the third round match later in the day.
Rupesh and Sanave will fight it out with fifth seeded Indonesian pair of Alvent Yulianto Chandra and Hendra Aprida Gunawan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof