Sourabh, Jayaram, Kashyap lose in Swiss Open
New Delhi: Indian challenge ended in the men`s singles competition with Ajay Jayaram, P Kashyap and Sourabh Verma losing their second round matches at the Swiss Open Grand Prix Gold in Basel, Switzerland.
Jayaram lasted a little over half an hour as Pedro Martins notched up a 21-16, 21-16 win last night, while P Kashyap also went down to seventh seed Tien Minh Nguyen 13-21, 18-2.
National champion Sourabh also found the going tough and suffered a 10-21, 9-21 defeat to 13th seeded Korean Wan Ho Shon in 30 minutes.
India ace and defending champion Saina Nehwal and men`s doubles pair of Rupesh Kumar and Sanave Thomas are the only survivors in the tournament now.
The third seeded Indian will take on Judith Meulendijks of the Netherlands in the third round match later in the day.
Rupesh and Sanave will fight it out with fifth seeded Indonesian pair of Alvent Yulianto Chandra and Hendra Aprida Gunawan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Bipasha Basu - Karan Singh Grover wedding: Official pictures from mehendi/ sangeet ceremony are here
- Crucial file on 'truth behind Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose's disappearance' destroyed in 1972
- Russian woman raped in Goa by guest house owner
- Nobody can portray Lakhan better than me: Anil Kapoor
- PHOTOS: How Mumbai Indians' captain Rohit Sharma celebrated his 29th birthday!