Sourabh, Jayaram, Kashyap lose in Swiss Open
New Delhi: Indian challenge ended in the men`s singles competition with Ajay Jayaram, P Kashyap and Sourabh Verma losing their second round matches at the Swiss Open Grand Prix Gold in Basel, Switzerland.
Jayaram lasted a little over half an hour as Pedro Martins notched up a 21-16, 21-16 win last night, while P Kashyap also went down to seventh seed Tien Minh Nguyen 13-21, 18-2.
National champion Sourabh also found the going tough and suffered a 10-21, 9-21 defeat to 13th seeded Korean Wan Ho Shon in 30 minutes.
India ace and defending champion Saina Nehwal and men`s doubles pair of Rupesh Kumar and Sanave Thomas are the only survivors in the tournament now.
The third seeded Indian will take on Judith Meulendijks of the Netherlands in the third round match later in the day.
Rupesh and Sanave will fight it out with fifth seeded Indonesian pair of Alvent Yulianto Chandra and Hendra Aprida Gunawan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Italy mourns quake victims, death toll rises to 291
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport