Sub-junior women`s nationals from May 15
New Delhi: The fourth edition of the Hockey India Sub-Junior Women National Championship 2014 (division B) is all set to commence from May 15 in Haldwani, Uttarakhand, while the A division will commence on May 19 in Pune.
The two new teams Vidarbha Hockey Association and Hockey Gangpur - Odisha have been added this year.
A total of 34 teams will be participating where division B will have 18 and division A will comprise of 16 teams. Each division will further be divided into 4 Pools where Division B will see 5 teams in Pool A & B and 4 teams each in Pool C & D, whereas Pool A, B, C & D of Division A will have 4 teams each.
The matches will be played in a phased manner with Division B first completing its sets of matches and the same will be played from May 15 to May 25. Teams under Division A will play their matches till May 27.
The inaugural match of the season will be played between Himachal Pradesh and Gujarat on Pitch 1 in division B.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble