Sub-junior women`s nationals from May 15
New Delhi: The fourth edition of the Hockey India Sub-Junior Women National Championship 2014 (division B) is all set to commence from May 15 in Haldwani, Uttarakhand, while the A division will commence on May 19 in Pune.
The two new teams Vidarbha Hockey Association and Hockey Gangpur - Odisha have been added this year.
A total of 34 teams will be participating where division B will have 18 and division A will comprise of 16 teams. Each division will further be divided into 4 Pools where Division B will see 5 teams in Pool A & B and 4 teams each in Pool C & D, whereas Pool A, B, C & D of Division A will have 4 teams each.
The matches will be played in a phased manner with Division B first completing its sets of matches and the same will be played from May 15 to May 25. Teams under Division A will play their matches till May 27.
The inaugural match of the season will be played between Himachal Pradesh and Gujarat on Pitch 1 in division B.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, released later
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- DNA: Ground reporting of the deteriorating sanctity of Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...