Vijender gears up for national camp
Hyderabad: He has gotten over the disappointment of not winning a medal in the London Olympics and star Indian boxer Vijender Singh is now gearing up to come back a rejuvenated man when the national camp kicks off on November 19 in Patiala.
"I am happy and satisfied now. I am waiting for the next tournament to start. I am participating in World championship next year. I am totally focused," Vijender told PTI.
The 27-year-old, who clinched a bronze in the 2008 Beijing Olympics and the 2009 World Championships, has come to terms with the narrow loss in London, where his campaign ended in the quarterfinals.
"There are so many things (that went wrong in London Olympics). It is a part of sports. I did my best in London. I reached quarter finals. This is my third Olympics. There are injuries. Things can go against you sometimes. But, I tried my best," he said.
Vijender, who has done photo shoots and TV shows in the past, said he is not keen on making any such appearances now.
"There are so many rumours going on. I am not participating in Big Boss or something else. But, people like to see me on TV. So, sometimes, I do such things," he said.
The Padma Shri and Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna awardee said he is open to the idea of setting up an academy in the city if the Andhra Pradesh government supports him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over SP leader Azam Khan's controversial remark on Muslim population
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowance Committee likely to submit report on 20 February
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO