Vijender gears up for national camp
Hyderabad: He has gotten over the disappointment of not winning a medal in the London Olympics and star Indian boxer Vijender Singh is now gearing up to come back a rejuvenated man when the national camp kicks off on November 19 in Patiala.
"I am happy and satisfied now. I am waiting for the next tournament to start. I am participating in World championship next year. I am totally focused," Vijender told PTI.
The 27-year-old, who clinched a bronze in the 2008 Beijing Olympics and the 2009 World Championships, has come to terms with the narrow loss in London, where his campaign ended in the quarterfinals.
"There are so many things (that went wrong in London Olympics). It is a part of sports. I did my best in London. I reached quarter finals. This is my third Olympics. There are injuries. Things can go against you sometimes. But, I tried my best," he said.
Vijender, who has done photo shoots and TV shows in the past, said he is not keen on making any such appearances now.
"There are so many rumours going on. I am not participating in Big Boss or something else. But, people like to see me on TV. So, sometimes, I do such things," he said.
The Padma Shri and Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna awardee said he is open to the idea of setting up an academy in the city if the Andhra Pradesh government supports him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark