Arsenal’s Wilshere calls cops over ‘Twitter trolls’ claiming positive test for cocaine
London : England ace Jack Wilshere has called cops after Twitter trolls claimed he had tested positive for cocaine.
The outrageous suggestion that the Arsenal midfielder, who is out of action since injuring his ankle last August, has not been playing because he failed a drugs test was tweeted from two accounts and spread like wildfire over the social site last week.
It is the latest online bullying incident to rock Wilshere, 20, and partner Lauren Neal, 23, who have now closed their Twitter accounts.
“Someone is spreading hateful lies and he and Lauren have decided enough is enough. Most of the abuse was the kind of stuff he hears on the terraces. But it has got more personal,” a friend of Wilshere was quoted as saying.
“The stuff about the drug test was the final straw, he would never take drugs,” he added.
Wilshere has reportedly spoken to police but has not lodged a formal complaint.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference