Arsenal’s Wilshere calls cops over ‘Twitter trolls’ claiming positive test for cocaine
London : England ace Jack Wilshere has called cops after Twitter trolls claimed he had tested positive for cocaine.
The outrageous suggestion that the Arsenal midfielder, who is out of action since injuring his ankle last August, has not been playing because he failed a drugs test was tweeted from two accounts and spread like wildfire over the social site last week.
It is the latest online bullying incident to rock Wilshere, 20, and partner Lauren Neal, 23, who have now closed their Twitter accounts.
“Someone is spreading hateful lies and he and Lauren have decided enough is enough. Most of the abuse was the kind of stuff he hears on the terraces. But it has got more personal,” a friend of Wilshere was quoted as saying.
“The stuff about the drug test was the final straw, he would never take drugs,” he added.
Wilshere has reportedly spoken to police but has not lodged a formal complaint.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31