Britain`s Olympic boxing champion Adams wins writers` award
London: Olympic champion Nicola Adams has become the first female boxer to win an award from the Boxing Writers` Club of Britain.
The 29-year-old Adams was given the Joe Bromley Award Tuesday for outstanding services to boxing also becoming the first female to be invited to the club`s awards ceremony in its 61-year history, reports Xinhua.
Adams became the first British female boxer to win an Olympic gold medal after outclassing Chinese Ren Cancan in the flyweight final at the London Olympic Games.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Dadri lynching: UP CM Akhilesh raises compensation to Rs 45 lakh
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Sundar Raman, tainted IPL franchises face uncertain future