Britain`s Olympic boxing champion Adams wins writers` award
London: Olympic champion Nicola Adams has become the first female boxer to win an award from the Boxing Writers` Club of Britain.
The 29-year-old Adams was given the Joe Bromley Award Tuesday for outstanding services to boxing also becoming the first female to be invited to the club`s awards ceremony in its 61-year history, reports Xinhua.
Adams became the first British female boxer to win an Olympic gold medal after outclassing Chinese Ren Cancan in the flyweight final at the London Olympic Games.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Sheena Bora murder spread over various cities
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!