Tendulkar to be showered with 100 gold coins for 100 tons
Mumbai: Sachin Tendulkar would be showered with 100 gold coins by Mumbai Cricket Association for accomplishing the fabulous feat of compiling 100 international centuries in Dhaka last month.
The decision to felicitate the champion cricketer with 100 gold coins worth between Rs 23-25 lakh was taken by MCA`s Managing Committee headed by Union Minister Vilasrao Deshmukh.
"Mr Vilasrao Deshmukh announced at the last committee meeting that he had spoken to Tendulkar requesting him to give a date for the felicitation function and that he has agreed," MCA Joint Secretary Nitin Dalal said today.
"The date has not been fixed yet," Dalal added.
Tendulkar had to wait for more than one year to move from 99 hundreds to the landmark 100th century and he achieved the milestone against Bangladesh in India`s Asia Cup league clash on March 16.
The ODI ton (114) was his 49th in 463 ODI matches and came on top of the 51 hundreds the 38-year-old has already notched in 188 Test matches since his debut in 1989 at Karachi against Pakistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah