Tyson says Holyfield’s ear would have tasted better with his BBQ sauce!
New York: Mike Tyson and Evander Holyfield traded jokes about the former boxer’s infamous ear-biting incident on Twitter.
Former heavyweight champ Tyson tweeted “Holyfield’s ear would’ve been much better with his new BBQ sauce,” as his former rival looked to promote his new product.
Tyson took a bite out of Holyfield’s ear during infamous 1997 bout.
Holyfield had used the social media forum to promote his new Real Deal BBQ Sauce on the microblogging site on Friday.
“My realdealbbqsauce.com will make you take a bite out of someone’s ear! Ask Mike Tyson – Luv ya bro!” a newspaper quoted him as writing.
Tyson and Holyfield will forever be linked for the chomp that took place when they fought on June 28, 1997.
Tyson, who was trailing on the score cards, bit off a piece of Holyfield’s right ear late in the third round, but the fight was allowed to continue. With his appetite not satisfied, Tyson then bit Holyfield’s left ear in the closing seconds of the round.
Referee Mills Lane disqualified Tyson, who later had his boxing license suspended.
Both fighters have travelled very different paths since the “Bite of the Century.”
Holyfield, 49, is still fighting and has been in the ring as recently as last year.
Tyson, who was diagnosed with bipolar disorder in 2011, has remained in the public eye since retiring from the sport in 2006.
Last week, Tyson announced that he would be teaming up with Spike Lee to bring his one-man show, “Mike Tyson: Undisputed Truth,” to Broadway for six nights beginning July 31.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing