Akhilesh Das Gupta set to be re-elected BAI President
Lucknow: Akhilesh Das Gupta is set to be re-elected President of the Badminton Association of India President as he remained the only candidate for the coveted post at the end of the filing of the nominations, here on Tuesday.
General secretary Vijai Sinha would also be re-elected unopposed when the BAI`s annual general meeting takes place here on January 25 during the Syed Modi International Grand Prix Gold Tournament.
Voting would only be required to elect secretary-coaching and development as Omar Rashid and KN Jaiswal were two candidates, who filed their nominations before the returning officer retired Justice AN Gupta, at the Dr Baranasi Das Gupta UP Badminton Academy here.
As per the decision of the BAI, the term of the present set of office-bearers would continue till June 12 as the last elections were held on June 13 in 2010.
The new set of office-bearers would take over then as BAI had already decided to pre-pone its elections in view of the Lok Sabha elections in March-June 2014. LIST OF NOMINATIONS
President (1): Dr Akhilesh Das Gupta;
Vice-presidents (8): TPS Puri, Devender Singh, Pradeep S Gandhe, Ashok Singh, Arvind Singhal, Bijoy Koizam; Chairman committees (4): Abdul Bari Siddiqui (finance), S Muralidharan (court officials), SA Raval (coaching development), Dr OD Sharma (tournament); Honorary general secretary (1): Dr Vijay Sinha.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test launches first ever indigenous space shuttle
- PM Modi to meet top Iranian leaders today
- Pakistan denounces US drone strike on Taliban chief Mullah Mansoor
- BJP's Roopa Ganguly attacked by Trinamool workers near Kolkata
- PM Modi in Tehran: India, Iran sign historic pact on Chabahar port
- JNU student arrested for raping foreign national at hostel after getting her drunk
- Shilpa Shetty's son Viaan celebrates birthday with Bollywood star kids—See who all came!
- Trouble deepens for P Chidambaram's son; ED likely to question him soon
- Thailand dormitory fire kills 17 schoolgirls
- Will not spare my own children if they are involved in illegalities: Arvind Kejriwal in Goa