Czech ex-world no.7 Vaidisova mulls comeback
London: Former tennis world number seven Nicole Vaidisova of the Czech Republic is mulling over making a comeback after hanging up her racquet in 2010, but she has to get fit first, her agent said Monday.
"She`s been saying this for some months. Her first goal is just to get fit," Olivier van Lindonk, an agent at the US-based IMG management firm, told AFP.
"She had a shoulder injury some months ago. She`s trying to get fit and after that we`ll see," he added.
Van Lindonk said a Twitter message supposedly written by Vaidisova earlier on Monday -- thanking fans for support and pledging a return -- had come from a fake account.
Vaidisova, who will turn 25 in April, won six tournaments and reached the semi-finals of the French Open in 2006 and the Australian Open in 2007.
She retired in March 2010 after sliding to 176 in the world from a career high of seven in May 2007.
Vaidisova made the headlines in July 2010 when she married fellow Czech Radek Stepanek, the current world number nine in doubles.
They announced a split last year as the 35-year-old Stepanek swapped Vaidisova for another Czech tennis star Petra Kvitova, 23, the 2011 Wimbledon champion and current world number six.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video