Henrik Ekersund to coach Indian tennis players
New Delhi: Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports approved the appointment of Sweden`s Henrik Ekersund as coach to train Indian tennis players, particularly juniors and sub juniors, besides training the women`s doubles players who can combine with Sania Mirza during the Olympics.
Ekersund`s expertise will also be utilised for training under "Come and Play" scheme of the Sports Authority of India and for organising coaches` clinics for Indian coaches.
The term of contract of Ekersund, who has been the national coach of the Swedish Tennis Association, Stockholm and the head coach for boys under-14, would be up to October 15, 2014.
Along with other facilities and perks, the foreign coach will get a monthly salary of USD 8000.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog