Nadal reaches quarters in Barcelona
Barcelona: Tennis World No.5 Rafael Nadal defeated France`s Benoit Paire Friday to reach the quarterfinals of the Barcelona Open.
It took the Spaniard 86 minutes to dispose of Paire 7-6(2), 6-2 in a rain-delayed game on Thursday.
Seven-time Barcelona champion Nadal survived a first-set tie break to finish his opponent in the second, converting both of his break points.
Nadal, who missed his first clay title of the season after losing in last week`s Monte Carlo final to Novak Djokovic, will face either his compatriot Albert Ramos or sixth seed Kei Nishikori in the quarters later Friday.
Elsewhere, eighth seed Philipp Kohlschreiber managed a 1-6, 7-6(2), 7-6(5) comeback win over Martin Klizan.
The German will face 16th seed Thomaz Bellucci of Brazil in the quarterfinals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says