Nadal reaches quarters in Barcelona
Barcelona: Tennis World No.5 Rafael Nadal defeated France`s Benoit Paire Friday to reach the quarterfinals of the Barcelona Open.
It took the Spaniard 86 minutes to dispose of Paire 7-6(2), 6-2 in a rain-delayed game on Thursday.
Seven-time Barcelona champion Nadal survived a first-set tie break to finish his opponent in the second, converting both of his break points.
Nadal, who missed his first clay title of the season after losing in last week`s Monte Carlo final to Novak Djokovic, will face either his compatriot Albert Ramos or sixth seed Kei Nishikori in the quarters later Friday.
Elsewhere, eighth seed Philipp Kohlschreiber managed a 1-6, 7-6(2), 7-6(5) comeback win over Martin Klizan.
The German will face 16th seed Thomaz Bellucci of Brazil in the quarterfinals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani attempted suicide or big security lapse by jail authorities?
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch