Paes-Stepanek pair makes winning start to Miami Masters
Miami: Leander Paes and Radek Stepanek laboured their way to the pre-quarterfinals of the Miami Masters after downing Marcos Baghdatis and Sam Querrey, on Saturday. The seventh seeded Indo-Czech pair overcame their opponents 6-2 7-6 (3) in the opening round of the USD 3,973,050 hard-court event.
Saving breakpoints was key to Paes and Stepanek`s win as they saved six in the match while converting five of the seven chances they got. Paes and Stepanek will now fight it out with Colin Fleming and Ross Hutchins for a place in the quarter-finals.
India`s Mahesh Bhupathi and Rohan Bopanna are also in fray. They have been seeded sixth and will open their campaign against Austria`s Jurgen Melzer and Briton Jamie Murray.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state