Paes-Stepanek pair makes winning start to Miami Masters
Miami: Leander Paes and Radek Stepanek laboured their way to the pre-quarterfinals of the Miami Masters after downing Marcos Baghdatis and Sam Querrey, on Saturday. The seventh seeded Indo-Czech pair overcame their opponents 6-2 7-6 (3) in the opening round of the USD 3,973,050 hard-court event.
Saving breakpoints was key to Paes and Stepanek`s win as they saved six in the match while converting five of the seven chances they got. Paes and Stepanek will now fight it out with Colin Fleming and Ross Hutchins for a place in the quarter-finals.
India`s Mahesh Bhupathi and Rohan Bopanna are also in fray. They have been seeded sixth and will open their campaign against Austria`s Jurgen Melzer and Briton Jamie Murray.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers