Somdev bows out of Seoul Challenger
New Delhi: Somdev Devvarman failed to move beyond the quarterfinal stage of the ATP Challenger event in Seoul, Korea after losing his last-eight stage match in straight sets to Dusan Lojda of Czech Republic.
The fourth seed Indian lost 4-6, 2-6 to his unseeded opponent in the USD 125,000 hard court event.
With Somdev`s defeat, Indian challenge has ended in the tournament.
Somdev gets 20 ranking points and USD 3650 for his effort.
Earlier, Prakash Amritraj had lost his both singles and doubles matches in the first round to crash out of the tournament.
Purav Raja had also lost his first round doubles match.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- Euro 2016: Despite another failure, Spain reluctant to change 'tiki-taka' style of play
- 'We're ready to execute our plans' - Chilling details emerge as NIA busts 'ISIS' terror module
- Animals owe their social sense to their maternal side!
- Neymar, Douglas Costa named in Brazil's Olympic squad
- Germany desperate to rewrite history against Italy in Euro 2016 quarter-final