Tennis legend Steffi Graf`s father dies
Berlin: Peter Graf, the father, former coach and ex-manager of legendary German tennis player Steffi Graf, died in Mannheim from cancer late Sunday, media reports said. He was 75.
Peter Graf accompanied his daughter during her climb to the top of the tennis world, but the two later had a falling out after he was sentenced to more than three years in the prison in 1997 for tax evasion.
Graf, who spent a year in prison, had recently been coaching foreign tennis players.
Peter Graf had mended his relationship with his daughter, who won 22 Grand Slam titles during her career.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway
- Two dead, 41 hurt in bus crash involving Louisiana flood-relief volunteers
- Three accused of 2009 Sri Lanka cricket team attack killed, claims Pakistan
- Heart failure among the aged may triple by 2060
- Shahid Kapoor holding his newly born daughter is the cutest thing you will see today! – Pic inside