Tennis legend Steffi Graf`s father dies
Berlin: Peter Graf, the father, former coach and ex-manager of legendary German tennis player Steffi Graf, died in Mannheim from cancer late Sunday, media reports said. He was 75.
Peter Graf accompanied his daughter during her climb to the top of the tennis world, but the two later had a falling out after he was sentenced to more than three years in the prison in 1997 for tax evasion.
Graf, who spent a year in prison, had recently been coaching foreign tennis players.
Peter Graf had mended his relationship with his daughter, who won 22 Grand Slam titles during her career.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy