Taking note of security concerns, a court here has ordered that the trial of self-styled godman Asaram, who is lodged in the central jail here in connection with a rape case, will be held in jail premises from Wednesday.
The post offices in Jaipur remained open on Sunday as a mark of respect to late former president Dr APJ Abdul Kalam.
Twenty-one people were injured when a roadways bus in which they were travelling collided head-on with a truck at a bypass on Ratangarh-Delhi highway in Churu on Sunday morning, police said.
Rape accused self-styled godman Asaram features in a chapter on saints in a Class III textbook in the district, sharing space with Vivekananda, Mother Teresa and Ramakrishna Paramhans.
The flood situation has improved after rainfall declined during the past two days.
Employees of Rajasthan Assembly on Saturday decided to work to pay homage to former president APJ Abdul Kalam who passed away on Monday.
Two kids working as child labourers in a factory at Subhash chowk area in the city have been rescued by the police.
Filing of nomination papers for the August 17 elections to 129 civic bodies (municipal) will begin on Saturday.
At least four persons have died in floods that have created havoc in Rajasthan's Barmer district.
The situation in flood affected Jalore and Sirohi districts of Rajasthan was limping back to normalcy, even as Nagaur got the maximum rainfall of 13 cms in the state today, officials said.
After 15 years of trial, an anti corruption court here has sentenced a former revenue accountant to four years in jail for taking bribe.
National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) teams were pressed into work even as one boy was today washed away in Sirohi district of Rajasthan amidst heavy rains creating a flood-like situation in parts of the state.
Bodies of two minor boys were recovered this morning from a pond in Tomariya Khadar village here, police said.
More than 700 NDRF personnel, 3 helicopters and 30 boats have been deployed for rescue and relief operations in Gujarat and Rajasthan where incessant rains have claimed 22 lives.
The National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) has served a notice on Rajasthan Government over reports of rape by a police officer at an outpost in Jhunjhunu.
The NHRC has issued notice to the Rajasthan government over a report that said a police assistant sub-inspector allegedly raped a woman.
Employees of Rajasthan Legislative Assembly on Wednesday decided to work on August 1, a Saturday, as a mark of respect to former President A P J Abdul Kalam, who passed away on Monday.
Six members of a family, including four children, were hacked to death allegedly by two men over a personal feud in Bhilwara district of Rajasthan.
Four persons were killed in rains-related incidents in Jalore district in Rajasthan during the past 24-hours even as flood-like situation continued for the third day on Wednesday in parts of Sirohi district following the torrential rains, officials said.
Three youths drowned when they accidentally fell into water while clicking a selfie with their mobile phone near Bagru area in the district.
A 17-year-old minor girl who was allegedly raped a year ago was set ablaze at Ahraula Nawazi village here, police said on Wednesday.
One person was washed away and two others feared dead in Moongtala village of Rajasthan's Sirohi district where incessant rainfall triggered flood-like situation and delayed train services.
Two unidentified bodies were on Tuesday found from separate locations in the city here.
Six youths, in the 18-20 age bracket, were killed and three injured when an SUV they were travelling in collided head-on with a truck at Udaipuria Mode in Chomu town here, police said on Tuesday.
Taking a strong view of the stalemate in Parliament due to the Congress protest over Lalitgate and Vyapam scam, Rajasthan BJP on Sunday accused the party of "having no work except to create ruckus" and urged it to end the logjam.
Moderate to heavy rains lashed north-west of Rajasthan affecting normal life specially in Jodhpur, Barmer and Jaisalmer districts, a state MeT report said.
A 30-year-old married woman was allegedly raped inside her home by a man at Raigar Mohalla in Kalwara area here, police said on Sunday.
129 civic bodies in Rajasthan will go to polls on August 17 amidst tight security following which the results will be announced on August 20, the State Election Commission informed on Saturday.
Three persons, including an Ayurvedic doctor, were on Friday arrested for allegedly performing foetal sex determination test at a clinic near Chandpole area here, a Health and medical department official said.
Due to aggressive South West monsoon, heavy rains on Friday lashed parts of Rajasthan especially western districts of Jodhpur division with Bikaner recording maximum rainfall of 44.4 mm in last 24 hours, a MeT official said.
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- MCA lifts ban on Shah Rukh Khan from visting Wankhede staduim
- Asaram Bapu shown as 'saint' in Rajasthan school book
- Floods create havoc in several parts of India
- Landslide hits Manipur after heavy rain
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution-Part 2
- What is the mystery behind Lord Krishna temple in Nidhivan
- Fast N Facts @7:30 pm
- Poster war breaks out between BJP, AAP
- BJP questions AAP's ad campaign expenditure
- 15 reports from 15 cities
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- 'Upset' Shashi Tharoor writes to Sonia Gandhi, says my 'sincere' services to party not appreciated
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Parliament deadlock: BJP says blame Sonia if Monsoon Session washed out, calls Congress 'confused'
- Pak releases 163 Indian fishermen
- Karnataka teachers freed by ISIS are safe, to return soon
- Tweets on Yakub Memon: Salman being targeted for his celebrity status, says Salim Khan