Joe Root is willing to bat anywhere in the order to help England claw their way back from a 1-0 deficit in the Ashes series against Australia, the youngster said on Sunday.
Australia batsman Chris Rogers is aware he does not have the luxury of too many failures at the top of the order and is hopeful of returning among runs in this week`s second test in Adelaide.
Coach Darren Lehmann on Friday said there will be no let-up as Australia continues its aggressive in-your-face cricket against England in the current Ashes Test series.
Australia coach Darren Lehmann added fuel to the fiery Ashes series on Friday by urging Australia fans to keep the heat on England and said he wanted his own team to continue playing "aggressive, in-your-face" cricket.
Australia coach Darren Lehmann has rejected the idea of a meeting with England counterpart Andy Flower to set some sledging ground rules ahead of the second Ashes Test in Adelaide.
During the overwhelmingly sympathetic reaction to England batsman Jonathan Trott`s decision to quit the Ashes tour of Australia suffering from a "stress-related illness", a theme has emerged.
England`s main tormentor in the first Ashes Test Mitchell Johnson says that he was shocked to hear of Jonathan Trott`s stress-related illness.
Veteran Australian paceman Ryan Harris has said that the feeling he and his teammates got when Mitchell Johnson took the last wicket, that officially sealed their win at the Gabba Test, was a special moment for all of them, for which they had been waiting for a long time.
Under a blow-torch of criticism after their humbling in humid Brisbane, England`s beaten cricket team will seek respite from a tempestuous Ashes series in the most unlikely of places.
Spin great Shane Warne says a threat by Jimmy Anderson to punch debutant George Bailey sparked the furious reaction by Australian skipper Michael Clarke in the first Test against England.
Australia captain Michael Clarke has been fined 20 per cent of his match fee for breaching the ICC Code of Conduct during the first Ashes Test against England in Brisbane.
Australian skipper Michael Clarke insists there is no animosity with England despite the final day of the first Test turning nasty with tailender James Anderson warned to expect a broken arm.
Hotheaded Australia batsman David Warner concedes he overstepped the mark in sledging England, and Jonathan Trott in particular, during the first Ashes Test.
Australia coach Darren Lehmann has warned England that paceman Mitchell Johnson could fire again in the second Ashes test next week, even if the Adelaide Oval serves up a relatively docile surface.
England captain Alastair Cook believes his team need to channel the spirit of last year`s sensational comeback in India if they are to battle back from a first Test defeat against Australia.
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Indian Army kills 35 terrorists in surgical strikes across LoC
- DNA: Meet our highly trained surgical strike specialist 'Para Special Forces'
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Experts hail Indian Army's surgical strikes on Pakistan
- DNA: Analysis of terror launchpads and training organisations in PoK
- DNA: Analyzing surgical strike operations and special commandos by various countries
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read
- Five reasons why Pakistan is denying India’s surgical strikes across LoC
- Punjab on maximum alert, villages near Pakistan border are being evacuated; additional BSF troops move in
- Nawaz Sharif condemns Indian aggression along LoC
- India carries out surgical strike across LoC: Updates
- Pakistan postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out, new dates to be announced soon
- Wait-listed? This new Railways policy will cheer you up - Must Read
- Baffled by India's surgical strikes, Pakistan violates ceasefire along LoC in Jammu and Kashmir's Akhnoor sector