To commemorate various events in the life of Mahatma Gandhi, the postal department on Monday released four special covers for philately lovers.
In a major reshuffle in IPS cadre in West Bengal, around 45 officials have either been promoted or transferred to various posts.
The Mumbai Police reached Kolkata on Tuesday to question Siddharth Das who has claimed to be the biological father of Sheena Bora.
The BJP on Monday sought to scotch speculation of its tacit understanding with the Trinamool Congress, saying the cordial relationship between the Centre and the state government should not be misunderstood as bonhomie.
Former Trinamool Congress leader Asif Khan's wife Tabassum on Sunday lodged a complaint with a city police station alleging that the Bidhannagar police, who had arrested him, conducted a search operation at her residence last night without any warrant.
The Trinamool Congress on Sunday lodged a complaint with the Election Commission accusing BJP President Amit Shah of flouting the election Model Code of Conduct by staying at a government guest house during his campaign for the Assembly bye-elections in West Bengal.
Targeting West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee once again in the multi-crore rupee Saradha scam, suspended Trinamool Congress Chief MP Kunal Ghosh on Saturday demanded that police should grill TMC chief adding that “for truth to emerge, Mamata should be questioned.”
Buoyed by its vote swell in West Bengal in Lok Sabha polls, BJP President Amit Shah on Saturday embarked on a two-day visit to the state in his bid to strengthen the party base and consolidate the gains to project it as an alternative to Left and Trinamool Congress there.
The Enforcement Directorate (ED) which initiated the money laundering probe into the multi-crore Saradha scam in April 2013, was in the process of finalising its investigation, ED officials said.
After Trinamool Congress MP Tapas Pal,a party MLA has sparked controversy with his "insensitive" remark that "as long as the world exists, rape will be there", inviting strong condemnation from women's rights groups and parties with BJP demanding police action against the legislator.
Senior Congress leader and
External Affairs Minister Pranab Mukherjee on Sunday questioned
the Left Front government`s stand on acquisition of farmland
to set up industry in West Bengal.
This is the first time in the 33 year of history of the Left Front rule in West Bengal that they seem to be on a sticky wicket, especially after the blow they received in the Panchayat elections in May last year and subsequent polls to 11 municipalities in several districts and in some by-elections held recently.
Industry vs farmland
Politics of dictatorship
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Zee Media special report on International Fleet Review
- Brazil: Pets parade with their owners in Carnival
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- Divyansh's death: Delhi govt to recommend CBI probe
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail? - Part II
- David Headley reveals Pakistan's role in 26/11 terror attacks
- West Bengal: Youth held for Facebook post against TMC leader
- UP: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Incredible India website to provide 12 foreign languages to aid tourists
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery
- Really? Katrina Kaif rebuffs breaking up with Ranbir Kapoor?
- 'Chinese New Year' greetings from Mark Zuckerberg and family!- Watch
- BSF guns down 2 Pakistani, 2 Indian drug smugglers near border in Punjab
- ISI plotted 26/11 Mumbai attacks with Pakistan govt's support, says David Headley
- Shah Rukh Khan gearing up for Imtiaz Ali's next?
- The great IPL dream: Mumbai Indians' 3.2 crore man Nathu Singh's rags to riches story
- It is termed pornography when a woman writes about her body: Taslima Nasreen
- SSC CGL 2016 exam dates out; read the eligibility criteria, registration details
- PSL 2016 T20, Match 7: Quetta Gladiators vs Peshawar Zalmi – Key players
- Ranchi shame: Boy sexually assaulted, 'murdered' in private school; 3 teachers detained