Buyoyed by the 6-4 victory of RJD-JD(U)-Congress alliance in Bihar, Congress on Monday said the results have "totally negated" BJP`s claim of Narendra Modi wave in the country.
The stage is all set for the results to assembly by-election on 10 seats on Monday, touted by political pundits as `semi-final` before the full-fledged assembly elections scheduled next year.
A probe was ordered by Vaishali district election office against Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi for allegedly inducing voters in favour of alliance candidates in bypoll.
The war of words intensified between friend-turned foes Lalu Prasad and Ramvilas Paswan as campaign for the bypolls gathers pace in Bihar.
Though suspense continued whether Lalu and Nitish would share dais during bypoll in 10 Assembly seats in Bihar, Congress said state presidents of 3 parties would campaign jointly in the election.
RJD president Lalu Prasad on Thursday favoured an alliance with JD(U) for the bye-election on ten Assembly seats.
Amid chalking out plans for its `Mission 175` for the Bihar Assembly polls due next year, the BJP on Sunday threw a challenge to former CM Nitish Kumar to dissolve the House.
Amid indications of a tie-up between JD(U) and RJD for Bihar Assembly elections next year, a JD(U) legislator has shot off a letter to the party opposing it.
Maoists and the porous Indo-Nepal border are the two biggest challenges during the fifth phase of Lok Sabha polls in Bihar on May 7 and the Election Commission (EC) will seal the international border to tackle this.
A total of 57,000 security personnel including central forces would be deployed for smooth conduct of voting on seven Lok Sabha seats in Bihar on April 24.
The stage is set for the first of the six-phase Lok Sabha poll in Bihar Thursday involving six of the total 40 constituencies, all located in the Naxal belt.
Actor-politician Shatrughan Sinha`s daughter actress Sonakshi has found a unique way to campaign for her father`s re-election to Patna Sahib Lok Sabha seat.
Presiding over a meeting with senior officials to review preparation for general election, Chief Secretary A K Sinha today said that the administration was committed to conduct a free and fair poll in a peaceful manner in Bihar.
Nitish Kumar on Monday refused to join debate on a perception that AAP will pose a serious threat to mainstream political parties after storming to power in Delhi last month.
Will Gadkari’s men be able to revive the party’s lost glory and establish it as a viable alternative to the ruling alliance?
It has been less than a month since the Bihar Assembly Election results were declared, but the trappings of power for those who lost are already fading away.
RJD`s attempt to reclaim the state ended in a whimper as its vote share
fell sharply from 34.6 % to 18.84 % in 5 yrs.
The Winter Session of the Bihar Assembly began here on Tuesday, nearly a week after the polls gave a thumping victory to the National Democratic Alliance (NDA) government of Nitish Kumar.
UP CM Mayawati said relating the routine meeting called by her to review the law and order situation of the state.
Underling the need of strengthening the party`s base
in Bihar, Digvijay Singh said that the party
has to drop the crutches, prepare new leadership and take to
Listing priorities for further
improving law and order in Bihar, Chief Minister Nitish Kumar
has said he would not tolerate crime under any circumstances.
With Lalu facing an unprecedented drubbing in Bihar polls, his former close aides are rejoicing.
campaigned in 70 districts and 22 seats but the party could
not win a single seat in any of these.
Bihar CM Nitish Kumar on Friday night allocated portfolios to the ministers retaining Home, General Administration, Election, Vigilance and rest of the departments and giving his deputy Sushil Kumar Modi the charge of Finance.
The NDA alliance bagged 206 of the 243 seats, with the JD(U) securing 115 and the BJP 91.
Nitish Kumar, the trained engineer for whom the development mantra spun magic, has his task cut out to further change the face of Bihar riding on a massive mandate that has raised expectations.
The politics of caste and religion
has come to an end in Bihar where JD-U and BJP combine has retained power with a massive majority, BJP President Nitin
Gadkari said Thursday.
Bihar Congress chief Choudhary
Mehboob Ali Kaiser Thursday said he would resign from his post following the party`s electoral reverses in the assembly elections in the state.
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened