In perhaps a change of tack, Maoists in Bihar are distributing books, notebooks, pens and pencils to the children of the poorest of poor in a bid to win over the confidence and sympathy of the people in rural areas, an official said.
Superstar Shah Rukh Khan, who is basking in the glory of his team Kolkata Knight Riders victory in IPL 7, has begun reading books on Gautam Buddha`s life to help him stay calm.
Pop star Cheryl Cole does not read books because she gets bored of them easily. The 30-year-old singer admits of having a short attention span and struggles to make it the end of novels, reportedly.
Union Minister Farooq Abdullah Tuesday said that controversial books coming out in the time of elections were aimed at "spoiling" the chances of the UPA in the ongoing Lok Sabha polls.
Toys, stuffed animals and books may spread two common bacteria that cause cold, ear infections and strep throat - even after the items have been cleaned, a new study has warned.
The Patna police today seized pirated books of National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) and those of famous writers and arrested six persons in connection with the fraud.
Jennifer Garner says her family enjoys nothing more than sitting down together with a good book.
Well known Malayalam film director Adoor Gopalakrishnan and noted writer Sethu have urged the government to lend financial support to the Kochi Muziris Biennale, which has given a global platform for several Indian artists.
In between her hectic work and shooting schedules, there`s one passion Priyanka Chopra always finds time for - books.
India`s leading Islamic seminary Darululoom-Deoband will soon sell English and Hindi translations of its Urdu publications, its officials said Tuesday.
Shashi Tharoor is back doing what he does best - penning books and delivering lectures - to bounce back.
Muslim holy books that were burned at a US base in Afghanistan had been removed from a library at a detention center.
Nazis had stolen the books from the Social Democratic Party.
Rupert Grint has revealed that he would be surprised if JK Rowling makes her mind to write down another edition of ‘Harry Potter’.
A new study has uncovered gender bias in children`s books with male characters, including male animals, leading the fictional pack.
The books were plundered from Jews by the Nazis more than six decades ago.
London: David Arquette has revealed that he has been reading self-help books to repair his broken relationship with estranged wife Courteney Cox.
A Delhi court has restrained the
Indian Certificate of Secondary Education Board from using
"objectionable" words like "militant, radicals and extremists"
in History and Civic text books prescribed by it.
A large number of books from ex-US Prez Thomas Jefferson`s private collection have been discovered.
Firth chose to rely on archival material and his screenplay writer instead to play the stammering monarch George VI in `The King`s Speech`!
About 12,500 copies of books on and
by Mahatma Gandhi, worth Rs 3.6 lakh, were sold within six
days at an exhibition in Mumbai.
In a bid to upgrade J&K libraries, University of Kashmir will soon start
digitising eight million pages of various books.
Actor Daniel Radcliffe, who plays boy wizard Harry Potter in the hit franchise, says he has been told by author JK Rowling that there won`t be any more ‘Harry Potter’ books.
A unique 14th century book that combines all the tales of King Arthur`s legendary court in one manuscript, illustrated throughout with dazzling hand-painted pictures, is expected to fetch 2 million pounds ($3.23 million) at auction next month.
"I`ll be back" has been Schwarzenegger`s catch-phrase for more than 25 years.
Unhappy over Congress General
Secretary Rahul Gandhi`s remarks against the RSS, some BJP
activists have him sent six books on the Hindu organisation so
that he has a "better knowledge" about it.
X Factor judges and rivals Cheryl Cole and Dannii Minogue are giving tough competition to each other in their respective autobiographies.
Russian police on Wednesday
seized 1,00,000 copies of a book critical of Prime Minister
Vladimir Putin that activists planned to hand out at the Saint
Petersburg International Economic Forum.
Russia has launched a cargo module to the International Space Station (ISS) to deliver over 2.5 tonnes of supplies, including chocolates and books for researchers at the ISS.
- Hema Malini injured in Dausa car crash
- 1,400 teachers with fake degrees resign in Bihar
- Telangana CM gets Rs 5 crore bullet-proof luxury bus
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- DNA: Analysis of first SECC survey in eight decades
- AIB: Swatchh Bharat-Clean India reality check
- Why Bal Bharti School cancelled admission of 60 students?
- Telephone exchange case: CBI interrogates Dayanidhi Maran third time
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Now, another AAP MLA in fake degree row
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- SECC will provide important input for policy makers: Arun Jaitley
- Aapke Sitare, July 2: Astro prediction for Aries, Taurus, Gemini and Cancer
- Kareena, Arjun Kapoor to start shooting for Balki's film by July end
- Telecom scam: Will cooperate with CBI, says Dayanidhi Maran
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- Facebook doesn't pose threat: YouTube
- Kerala student with 100% marks denied admission in Delhi University, approaches HC
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- No intention to surround India in 'string of pearl' bases: China
- Govt releases first Socio-Economic and Caste Census in 8 decades
- This dog in Madhya Pradesh got an Aadhaar card for itself
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- MPs won't get hike in salary and allowances, govt not willing to accept proposals
- Met Dawood Ibrahim in London, he wanted to return to India: Ram Jethmalani