The tournament's number one seed was due to play Frenchman Gael Monfils on Friday evening in Doha.Jan 05, 2018, 22:04 PM IST
Slovenian Bedene saved 12 out of 15 break points to push the Austrian but the world No. 5 Thiem survived the test 7-5, 6-4 and will now face rising Greek teenager Stefanos Tsitsipas.Jan 04, 2018, 10:46 AM IST
The 32-year-old, who was the 2008 Australian Open runner-up to Novak Djokovic, is still expected to play in the opening Grand Slam tournament of the year at Melbourne Park, which starts on January 15.Dec 26, 2017, 22:29 PM IST
It also helped the ace Indian cueist grab the top-seed spot in the draw of 64.Nov 23, 2017, 16:48 PM IST
Seventeen-time world champion Pankaj Advani showed no signs of a billiards hangover as he marched through the round-robin stage of the snooker event with convincing wins at World Championships here.Nov 21, 2017, 15:10 PM IST
Qatar "must respond to these requests in order to open a new page", Jubeir said.Sep 10, 2017, 21:01 PM IST
Qatar has filed a legal complaint at the World Trade Organisation (WTO) to challenge the trade boycott by the four Arab countries, the local media reported.Aug 01, 2017, 10:05 AM IST
They have sealed the emirate's only land border, ordered its citizens to leave, and closed their airspace and waters to Qatari flights and shipping.Jul 28, 2017, 14:54 PM IST
Last year Kuwait convicted 23 men - one Iranian and the rest Kuwaiti - of spying for Iran and Lebanese Shi`ite Muslim group Hezbollah after a cache of guns and explosives were discovered in a raid of the so-called "Abdali cell" in 2015.Jul 20, 2017, 15:55 PM IST
Anwar Gargash denied as false a story in the Washington Post that cited US officials saying the UAE had orchestrated the hack of Qatar's state news agency.Jul 17, 2017, 15:39 PM IST
In live footage, Rex Tillerson and Mohammed bin Abdulrahman Al Thani signed the pact, which they had been working on for a year, Tillerson explained, Efe news reported.
Jul 12, 2017, 10:03 AM IST
Qatar appeared defiant as Saudi Arabia and its allies on Monday extended a deadline for Doha to accept a series of demands to lift a de facto blockade.Jul 03, 2017, 09:03 AM IST
"This list of demands is made to be rejected," Qatar's Foreign Minister Sheikh Mohammed bin Abdulrahman Al-Thani said, referring to 13 demands placed on Doha by Saudi Arabia and its allies as the price for lifting an almost month-long "blockade" on Qatar.Jul 02, 2017, 09:55 AM IST
The UAE, Saudi Arabia and Bahrain severed diplomatic and travel ties with Qatar this month, accusing it of funding hardline Islamist militant groups in the region, a charge Doha denies.Jun 28, 2017, 14:32 PM IST
Speaking from Washington, where he held talks with US Secretary of State Rex Tillerson on Tuesday, Qatari Foreign Minister Sheikh Mohammed bin Abdulrahman Al-Thani said the Saudi position was unacceptable.Jun 28, 2017, 13:09 PM IST
The demands have not been officially unveiled but Doha-based Al-Jazeera news channel said overnight Thursday they were handed to Qatar by Kuwait, which is mediating in the crisis.
Saudi Arabia, the UAE and Bahrain are among several countries which announced on June 5 the suspension of all ties to Qatar over what they say is its support for extremist groups and its political proximity to Iran.
Speaking in an interview with the state-run Anadolu Agency on Wednesday, Zeybekci said that nearly 105 cargo planes have carried aid from Turkey to Qatar, after several Gulf countries cut diplomatic ties with Doha earlier this month, Xinhua news agency reported.Jun 22, 2017, 08:33 AM IST
Last week, US President Donald Trump expressed support for the Saudi-led allegations against Qatar, charging it had "historically been a funder of terrorism at a very high level".