Bollywood bigwigs like Naseeruddin Shah, Vishal Bhardwaj, Waheeda Rehman and Javed Akhtar will be present at the Zee Jaipur Literature Festival that will begin here Jan 21, said the organisers.
The vibrant energies of the annual Jaipur Literature Festival, which attracts over 250,000 visitors annually in India, are set to travel to London this May for a day-long edition of the literary extravaganza.
Pakistan needs to show some vision and generosity for relations between itself and India to be normalised, External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid said here on Sunday
Cricket as a sport is not as popular in other parts of the world as in India, said Irish novelist, Joseph O` Neil.
Debutant Aam Aadmi Party`s victory in the recent Delhi Assembly Elections has set a good example of the strength of democracy in India, Nobel laureate Amartya Sen said.
Here’s a lowdown on the discussions that were very engaging and interesting Day 5.
Sociologist Ashis Nandy, who has landed in a soup over his controversial remarks on Dalits, moved the Supreme Court on Thursday requesting it to quash all FIRs filed against him.
The Rajasthan Police will question sociologist Ashis Nandy over his anti-Dalit remarks in Delhi on Wednesday.
Literature’s tryst with glamour continued as ex-model, newspaper columnist and novelist Shobhaa De came down to the Pink city to spread her irresistible charm and to launch books, one of them being Kareena Kapoor’s ‘The Style Diary of a Bollywood Diva’ under her imprint ‘Shobhaa De Books’ in collaboration with Penguin India at the DSC Jaipur Literature Festival 2013.
The curtains were drawn on the 6th DSC Jaipur Literature Festival after a final debate on the topic ‘This house proposes that capitalism has lost its way’.
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- DNA: Growing Russia-China ties a concern for India
- Waterlogging, traffic jams in Delhi after rains
- Vyapam scam: CBI probe only if courts intervene, says Rajnath Singh
- ED issues summons to Lalit Modi in money laundering case
- Arvind Kejriwal wants referendum on statehood for Delhi
- Uddhav Thakeray hits out at BJP, says corruption visible everywhere
- DNA: All you need to know about Vyapam scam
- SC allows child's guardianship without father's consent to unwed mother
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed
- Aapke Sitare, July 6: Astro prediction for Sagittarius, Capricorn, Aquarius and Pisces
- Aapke Sitare, July 6: Astro prediction for Aries, Taurus, Gemini and Cancer
- Discrepancy in Chhattisgarh's govt scheme: DNA report
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Suspicious Iranian boat seized off Kerala coast, Pakistani ID card recovered
- Vyapam scam: Only courts can order CBI probe, says Rajnath Singh
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends
- Vyapam scam: Vijayvargiya stokes controversy, says “Is a journalist bigger than me?"
- Dalai Lama birthday celebrations draw support, protests in US
- Bombs at mosque, restaurant in central Nigerian city kill 51
- Pallavi Joshi resigns from FTII, lends support to students
- Unwed mother can apply for child's guardianship without father's consent: SC
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Ajay Devgn to appear on 'Nach Baliye 7' finale?