Nineteen policemen including two Assistant Sub Inspectors and a Head Constable of Merta police station in Nagaur district of Rajasthan were removed for negligence during a clash which killed six persons including five Dalits.
Rajasthan today with a maximum temperature of 45.4 degree Celsius as light to moderate rainfall occurred at isolated places in the state.
Rajasthan Board of Secondary Education (RBSE) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015 are expected to be announced today on May 22.
Rajasthan medical and health minister Rajendra Rathore today inaugurated a cow-urine refinery at Jalore.
The Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) of Rajasthan Police will soon submit its probe report on the alleged irregularities in a recruitment drive conducted by the Kota University, the state government said on Tuesday.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi Monday wished Rajasthan Governor Kalyan Singh "a long life filled with good health" on his 84th birthday.
Former Union minister Sachin Pilot on Sunday slammed the Narendra Modi-led government for its move to issue an ordinance to amend the land acquisition act.
About 117 gram of gold worth Rs 4.32 lakh was seized from a Pakistani passenger who alighted from the Thar Express train at Munabao Railway Station, an official of the customs department said on Sunday.
The Rajasthan government and Singapore's Institute of Technical Educational (ITE) Tuesday signed an agreement on technical training during Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje's ongoing visit to the city-state, a statement said here.
Three unidentified bodies, which have been buried since 2012, will be exhumed for post-mortem, as per a High Court directive.
In the wake of reports of alleged malnutrition deaths among Sahariya tribes, the BJP government in Rajasthan has decided to resume welfare schemes for tribals in the district which were introduced by the previous Congress regime.
The Border Security Force (BSF) has arrested an senior officer of the Indian Air Force from a town near the Indo-Pak border in Rajasthan on Monday.
The Anti-Terrorism Squad (ATS )of Rajasthan Police has issued an alert over the possibility of a group of terrorists looking to enter Rajasthan from across the international border with Pakistan.
The ruling BJP Tuesday named candidates for three of the four assembly seats in Rajasthan where byelections are scheduled to be held Sep 13.
Congress MLA Dipinder Singh Shekhawat
was today elected unopposed as speaker of the Rajasthan`s
It was perhaps for the first time
that a lady of the Meo Muslim community from here was elected
to Rajasthan assembly.
Despite the Congress falling short
of five MLAs to get an absolute majority in the Rajasthan
Assembly, Chief Minister designate Ashok Gehlot on Friday said he
would strive to provide a stable government in the state.
BJP`s central leadership has summoned former
Chief Minister Vasundhare Raje and state unit chief Om Prakash
Mathur to Delhi to sort out differences and to prevent
"further damage" ahead of Lok Sabha elections.
Self-effacing and a grassroots man, Ashok Gehlot worked untiringly for rebuilding the party from a scratch since 2003 when it was ousted from power in
With number of state leaders
vying for chief ministership in Rajasthan, Congress President
Sonia Gandhi tonight grappled with the issue along with senior
leaders on the eve of the state legislature party meeting.
Hectic efforts in the victorious Congress camp seemed to have borne fruit as 8 Independents gave their letter of support to the Governor.
The heavy weights made to bite dust
in the Rajasthan elections included speaker of the assembly, a
veteran who lost only at the 10th bid, and the PCC chief, who
went down by a single vote.
In Rajasthan, the Congress wrested power from BJP, gaining power after a gap of five years. The party has won 96 seats while BJP got 78 in the 200-member Assembly.
Describing the results of the Assembly elections as an "upswing" for itself, the Congress on Monday termed them a major victory.
Conceding defeat, outgoing Rajasthan Chief Minister and BJP leader Vasundhara Raje on Monday said she accepted the mandate and promised to work as a "constructive opposition".
Repolling began on Saturday at 8 am in
130 booths of 16 districts in Rajasthan where complaints of
rigging, booth capturing and malfunctioning of EVMs were
verified after the December 4 Assembly elections.
Nearly 62% electorate exercised their franchise during the repolling in 16 districts of Rajasthan, covering 130 polling booths. The repolling was necessitated due to complaints of rigging and booth capturing.
As Rajasthan goes to polls
on Thursday, BJP CM candidate Vasundhara Raje`s
constituency Jhalarapatan and Sardarpura, from where Congress
leader and her predecessor Ashok Gehlot is in the fray, are in
Congress General Secretary Rahul
Gandhi on Saturday said terrorists want to destroy the fabric of democracy and called upon the people to support Congress and reject communal and divisive forces.
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- DNA: Is Sanskrit language losing its importance in India?
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Sheena Bora murder: DNA sample to reveal the truth
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Centre assures help to Gita Press, Gorakhpur
- Operation Hafiz Saeed: 'Phantom' ban in Pakistan
- 'Delhi Police... One Touch Away' app launched!
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Gita Press denies reports of shutting down
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand
- When drunk driver Shyam Rai revealed all about Sheena Bora murder
- Nashik Kumbh: Poor turnout at first Shahi Snan
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Girl gang-raped in front of younger sister in Himachal Pradesh, accused held
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Manual scavengers to tie rakhi to PM Narendra Modi today
- Ajay Devgn backs 'Pyaar Ka Punchnama 2'!
- US asks its citizens to defer all non-essential travel to Pakistan
- Sheena murder case: Villager helps locate spot where body was buried