Nineteen policemen including two Assistant Sub Inspectors and a Head Constable of Merta police station in Nagaur district of Rajasthan were removed for negligence during a clash which killed six persons including five Dalits.
Rajasthan today with a maximum temperature of 45.4 degree Celsius as light to moderate rainfall occurred at isolated places in the state.
Rajasthan Board of Secondary Education (RBSE) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015 are expected to be announced today on May 22.
Rajasthan medical and health minister Rajendra Rathore today inaugurated a cow-urine refinery at Jalore.
The Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) of Rajasthan Police will soon submit its probe report on the alleged irregularities in a recruitment drive conducted by the Kota University, the state government said on Tuesday.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi Monday wished Rajasthan Governor Kalyan Singh "a long life filled with good health" on his 84th birthday.
Former Union minister Sachin Pilot on Sunday slammed the Narendra Modi-led government for its move to issue an ordinance to amend the land acquisition act.
About 117 gram of gold worth Rs 4.32 lakh was seized from a Pakistani passenger who alighted from the Thar Express train at Munabao Railway Station, an official of the customs department said on Sunday.
The Rajasthan government and Singapore's Institute of Technical Educational (ITE) Tuesday signed an agreement on technical training during Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje's ongoing visit to the city-state, a statement said here.
Three unidentified bodies, which have been buried since 2012, will be exhumed for post-mortem, as per a High Court directive.
In the wake of reports of alleged malnutrition deaths among Sahariya tribes, the BJP government in Rajasthan has decided to resume welfare schemes for tribals in the district which were introduced by the previous Congress regime.
The Border Security Force (BSF) has arrested an senior officer of the Indian Air Force from a town near the Indo-Pak border in Rajasthan on Monday.
The Anti-Terrorism Squad (ATS )of Rajasthan Police has issued an alert over the possibility of a group of terrorists looking to enter Rajasthan from across the international border with Pakistan.
The ruling BJP Tuesday named candidates for three of the four assembly seats in Rajasthan where byelections are scheduled to be held Sep 13.
Congress MLA Dipinder Singh Shekhawat
was today elected unopposed as speaker of the Rajasthan`s
It was perhaps for the first time
that a lady of the Meo Muslim community from here was elected
to Rajasthan assembly.
Despite the Congress falling short
of five MLAs to get an absolute majority in the Rajasthan
Assembly, Chief Minister designate Ashok Gehlot on Friday said he
would strive to provide a stable government in the state.
BJP`s central leadership has summoned former
Chief Minister Vasundhare Raje and state unit chief Om Prakash
Mathur to Delhi to sort out differences and to prevent
"further damage" ahead of Lok Sabha elections.
Self-effacing and a grassroots man, Ashok Gehlot worked untiringly for rebuilding the party from a scratch since 2003 when it was ousted from power in
With number of state leaders
vying for chief ministership in Rajasthan, Congress President
Sonia Gandhi tonight grappled with the issue along with senior
leaders on the eve of the state legislature party meeting.
The heavy weights made to bite dust
in the Rajasthan elections included speaker of the assembly, a
veteran who lost only at the 10th bid, and the PCC chief, who
went down by a single vote.
Hectic efforts in the victorious Congress camp seemed to have borne fruit as 8 Independents gave their letter of support to the Governor.
In Rajasthan, the Congress wrested power from BJP, gaining power after a gap of five years. The party has won 96 seats while BJP got 78 in the 200-member Assembly.
Describing the results of the Assembly elections as an "upswing" for itself, the Congress on Monday termed them a major victory.
Conceding defeat, outgoing Rajasthan Chief Minister and BJP leader Vasundhara Raje on Monday said she accepted the mandate and promised to work as a "constructive opposition".
Repolling began on Saturday at 8 am in
130 booths of 16 districts in Rajasthan where complaints of
rigging, booth capturing and malfunctioning of EVMs were
verified after the December 4 Assembly elections.
Nearly 62% electorate exercised their franchise during the repolling in 16 districts of Rajasthan, covering 130 polling booths. The repolling was necessitated due to complaints of rigging and booth capturing.
As Rajasthan goes to polls
on Thursday, BJP CM candidate Vasundhara Raje`s
constituency Jhalarapatan and Sardarpura, from where Congress
leader and her predecessor Ashok Gehlot is in the fray, are in
Congress General Secretary Rahul
Gandhi on Saturday said terrorists want to destroy the fabric of democracy and called upon the people to support Congress and reject communal and divisive forces.
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Gurdaspur terror attack- As it happened
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- VVIPs, people pay last respects to Dr Kalam at his Delhi residence
- Lata Mangeshkar mourns former President APJ Abdul Kalam's death
- The life and times of Dr APJ Abdul Kalam!
- India mourns the death of former President APJ Adbul Kalam
- DNA: How prepared is our police force to face terror attacks in future?
- Special: Zee News pays tribute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- President Pranab Mukherjee pays tribute to APJ Abdul Kalam
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- APJ Abdul Kalam: Not Hindu, Not Muslim – Death of an 'Indian'
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram on July 30
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam: This was his last moment...
- Zee Media Exclusive: Wife says Yakub Memon unwell, appeals to govt for clemency
- The 'funny guy' in APJ Abdul Kalam's life
- Was Taj Mahal originally a Shiva temple? Agra lawyers claim
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday
- APJ Abdul Kalam's family wants last rites to be held at Rameswaram
- APJ Abdul Kalam: 10 Things you don't know about his life