Ghaziabad: A married woman at a village in the Masuri area here has alleged that she was gang-raped by her husband`s friends with the act having been abetted by her spouse, police said Saturday.
Ghaziabad crime: Two Ghaziabad-based sisters have alleged that they were abducted and gang-raped by four persons in Delhi, police said on Friday.
An 18-year-old girl was allegedly raped here by a youth for three years on pretext of marriage, police said on Monday.
Two minor girls were allegedly raped by their neighbours in two separate cases in the national capital, police said on Sunday.
UGC has decided to frame comprehensive guidelines for all higher educational isntitutions to ensure safety of students in wake of the Beas river tragedy in Himachal Pradesh which claimed the lives of 24 Engineering students.
Hitting out at the BJP-led Central government, Delhi Congress on Saturday said that it has totally failed to protect the safety and security of women.
Legendary singer Asha Bhosle is all for women empowerment. While the 81-year-old believes that women must learn to strike the right balance between their personal and professional lives, she says learning a martial art has become essential for the safety of women.
In an effort to make the national capital safer for women, Delhi`s Lt Governor Najeeb Jung directed the Deputy Commissioners to conduct a safety audit to identify safe and unsafe areas for women and girls in their districts.
Pakistan will deploy around 2,500 personnel in Islamabad to ensure security in the capital during the holy month of Ramadan, a media report said today.
The US aviation regulator upgraded Serbia`s safety rating Friday, giving the country`s airlines the right to fly into the United States.
The Indian government is continuously coordinating with Iraqi authorities to gather information about the Indian citizens stranded in violence-hit cities of Mosul and Tikrit, said the Ministry of External Affairs spokesperson Syed Akbaruddin on Tuesday.
Condemning the deadly militant attack on Karachi airport that left 28 dead, the US has offered Pakistan assistance in investigating the crime, but at this point was not concerned about the safety of Islamabad`s nuclear arsenal.
Two persons were on Sunday arrested here in connection with the alleged rape and murder of a Panna-based woman folk singer.
The city police arrested a 55-year-old jobless man for allegedly raping his 17-year-old niece for the last three months, the police said here on Friday.
Congress vice president and Amethi MP Rahul Gandhi on Thursday expressed sadness after a woman was gang-raped by some persons over a land dispute in Gauriganj area of the district.
Showing immense courage, a 19-year-old girl thwarted a rape bid by putting up a brave fight against the three men who abducted her and took her to a nearby forest area.
A 25-year-old married woman was allegedly strangled to death by her paramour at Sarai Samnekhpur village here, police said on Thursday.
A former national-level basketball player, arrested for allegedly robbing an Afghan couple and attempting to kidnap the woman, was on Monday remanded to a day`s police custody by a court here which pulled up the Delhi Police for slapping kidnapping charge against the accused.
Italian navy pulled nearly 3,000 African sea migrants to safety early Saturday, media reports said.
Congress today attacked Prime Minister Narendra Modi for not including the issue of women`s safety in the 10-point agenda announced by him.
President Barack Obama said on Thursday more effort is needed to prevent concussions in young athletes, including greater awareness of the severity of head injuries, which are too often dismissed as headaches instead of serious brain trauma.
The UN refugee agency said Tuesday that more than 70,000 South Sudanese have fled to safety in three weeks after a truce was signed in Addis Ababa May 9.
In an initiative to empower women, Uttar Pradesh government on Friday launched a service which enables them to lodge complaints of crime online.
As India moans the tragic death of a young woman in the train blast at Chennai, the Railways has failed to take heed from various expert recommendations over the critical safety issue.
Meerut: A 36-year-old woman was found dead in a hotel here, police said on Monday.
An 11-year-old girl was found dead with her throat slit open in a canal here, police said on Sunday.
A minor girl was reportedly gang-raped in a moving bus in Madhya Pradesh`s Singrauli on Sunday.
Delhi High Court asked the Centre, city government and police to take steps in creating and filling up additional posts in the police.
Belgian Cycling Federation president Tom Van Damme said Wednesday he wants the International Cycling Union (UCI) to introduce football-style red and yellow cards to improve safety in the peloton.
A 19-year-old Nepali girl was allegedly gang raped by four people, three of whom including a juvenile have been apprehended, police said on Wednesday.
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Top 10 news @7am
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Aapke Sitare, July 4: Astro prediction for Leo, Virgo, Libra and Scorpio
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- AIB: Polythene ban - Do we care enough?
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Vijender Singh
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Jharkhand: Girl commits suicide after parents refuse to build toilet in home
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?
- Met Dawood Ibrahim in London, he wanted to return to India: Ram Jethmalani
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Kareena Kapoor already thinks 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' biggest hit: Salman Khan
- Log on to upsc.gov.in to check UPSC Civil Services Examination 2014 Results
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Right to die: Belgian doctors grant euthanasia to 24-year-old depressed woman
- Is `paleo-vegan hybrid` diet the answer to all our dietary issues?
- UPSC Results 2014: Meet top three toppers
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown