TFA seeks to simplify Customs procedures and rules, increase transparency and reduce transaction costs for traders.
Issues related to WTO, solar energy and visas are expected to figure at a meeting between senior trade officials of India and the US in the national capital on Wednesday.
The government is working on internal processes to ratify WTO's trade facilitation agreement (TFA), which looks to ease Customs procedures to boost trade, a senior commerce ministry official on Friday said.
Major exporters of information technology on Friday agreed to cut global tariffs on more than 200 products, in the first such deal struck by the World Trade Organization in nearly two decades.
Nasscom Friday said there was a need to protect the country's interests in services and technology even as WTO members ratified the need to change the 18-year old Information Technology Agreement (ITA).
Developing countries including India are making all efforts in the WTO for a positive outcome on the food security issue, parliament was informed Friday.
World Trade Organization (WTO) members met in Geneva on Friday trying to finalise a deal to cut tariffs on $1 trillion of information technology products from video games to medical equipment.
World Trade Organization (WTO) members finalized a deal on Friday to cut tariffs on $1 trillion worth of information technology products in a boost for producers of goods ranging from video games to medical equipment.
The WTO members imposed 104 new trade-restrictive measures during seven months to May, which the world trade body said was cause of "concern".
India is working with the WTO members to ensure an early permanent solution on the food security issue, parliament was informed Wednesday.
World trade negotiators seeking to eliminate tariffs on information technology (IT) products agreed over the weekend to expand the list of items covered.
World trade grew by a modest 0.7 percent during January-March quarter of this year, the World Trade Organisation (WTO) has said.
The G-20 economies witnessed a "slight deceleration" in application of new trade-restrictive measures, with average number of such steps imposed per month falling to the lowest since 2013, a WTO report said Monday.
Bangladesh and India will fix the transit fees as per WTO rules in exchange for facilitating connectivity for India's land-locked northeastern states, Finance Minister AMA Muhith has said.
The US posed a salvo of questions to India on its domestic support programmes, including its cotton policies, minimum support price, public stockholding for food security purposes and landholding pooling by Indian farmers, in a meeting at the World Trade Organisation (WTO) here.
India has lost a case at the WTO, with an appellate body at the global trade organisation Thursday ruling that Indian ban on American poultry product imports was "inconsistent" with the international norms.
Tax treaty benefits are prompting investors to route their investments from Mauritius into India, WTO has said.
India is streamlining its Customs procedures and implementing trade facilitation, but the country's import structure still remains complex, WTO has said.
India has a robust legal framework and it has always been on the side of the law with regard to intellectual property right (IPR) matters and fully compliant with WTO on the issue, Commerce Minister Nirmala Sitharaman said on Saturday.
Trade ministers from 21 Asia-Pacific countries Sunday issued strong support to the World Trade Organization's efforts to boost global trade amid a flurry of regional free trade agreements.
"EU is expected to talk about resumption of the Broad- based Trade and Investment Agreement (BTIA). India may invite them for the talks," the official added.
India on Tuesday expressed concern over slow progress in finalising the agenda for the Nairobi ministerial meeting of WTO members in December to resolve pending issues of Doha round.
India on Friday termed the US move to retain it on the 'Priority Watch List' on intellectual property rights (IPRs) concerns as a "unilateral measure" and it is inconsistent with the established norms of the WTO.
"This will be the final meeting of the panel. After that, its ruling will come," an official said adding "we have kept our fingers crossed on the ruling".
The privately-held company, part of India`s infrastructure builder GVK Group, conducts clinical research for domestic and foreign drugmakers.
US requirements on "dolphin safe" tuna labelling still discriminate against Mexican-caught tuna, according to a World Trade Organization ruling published Tuesday.
The trade body also said preliminary estimates showed trade had expanded just 2.8 percent last year, missing September`s forecast of 3.1 percent.
India will soon finalise its work programme which will be discussed as part of the long-pending agenda of Doha round of talks at the next WTO meet in Nairobi in December, a Commerce Ministry official said on Thursday.
The new Foreign Trade Policy unveiled today proposed setting up of a host of institutions, including Trade Council and National Committee on Trade Facilitation, to improve India's share in global trade and implement of WTO obligations.
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Bihar polls: PM Modi addresses rally in Munger
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Thousands stuck in major jam on China's 50-lane expressway
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Dadri lynching was a pre-planned conspiracy: Mulayam Singh
- Ignore provocative politicians, listen to Pranab Mukherjee: Narendra Modi
- CM Arvind Kejriwal sacks Asim Ahmed Khan over allegations of corruption
- DNA: Final result of Zee News survey on Bihar polls
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- Bizarre! Saudi man sexually assaults maid, wife faces jail
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune
- 'If Rashid holds 1000 beef parties, we will thrash him thousand times'
- Radhe Maa dances at casino in London, claims video
- Lalu Prasad Yadav challenges Narendra Modi over 'shaitan' comment, demands PM's apology
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Ghulam Ali concert row: Subramanian Swamy hits back at Shiv Sena's critics
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- Grand Alliance set to win Bihar election: Survey
- Pakistan invokes Muslim Ummah to express concern over 'beef lynching' in Dadri