SHAHJAHANPUR: Nearly two thousand five hundred chicks were killed due to a massive fire at a poultry farm in Shahjahanpur in Uttar Pradesh. As per the initial inputs, a short circuit was the reason for the fire at the farm. Fire brigade officials reached the spot soon after they received information about the incident and the fire was brought under control.
The incident took place at the Zulfikar poultry farm in Kakra in Sadar police area. The farm reportedly used battery operated lights which may have led to the mishap.
The entire farm was caught in the flames within minutes. The incident has led to the loss of nearly Rs 3 lakh for the owner of the Zulfikar poultry farm.
Just a few days back, a similar incident took place in Hardoi where nearly 1500 chicks were killed and a loss of lakhs of rupees was incurred due to fire at a poultry farm. The owner did not even have insurance for the farm.