Mumbai youth circulates morphed picture of UP CM Yogi Adityanath on social media, arrested
Mumbai: A 19-year-old youth has been arrested by police in Mumbai's Ghatkopar area for allegedly circulating a morphed picture of Uttar Pradesh's newly appointed Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath on the social media platforms.
An Indian Express report on Tuesday said that the youth, who has been identified as Rinku Gupta, had posted an image of a warrior king with the face of Yogi Adityanath on micro-blogging website Facebook.
He was arrested after the some residents of Kamraj Nagar locality in Ghatkopar East noticed the image and alerted members of the Sambhaji Brigade, which then reported the matter to police.
“Members of the Sambhaji Brigade went to the home of the accused on Sunday, who immediately apologised and deleted the post. However, they insisted that he should face legal action and brought him to the police station,” a senior officer was quoted as saying.
Rinku Gupta was booked for hurting the feelings of a community and placed under arrest by the Pant Nagar police.
The police said that a friend of Gupta had morphed the picture and sent it to him.
In his defence, Gupta said that he did not intend to hurt anyone’s feelings and apologised.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users