This is why UP CM Yogi Adityanath has not yet shifted to 5, Kalidas Marg, Lucknow
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath has not yet shifted to his official residence - Lucknow's 5 Kalidas Marg.
Albeit the nameplate has been changed from Akhilesh Yadav to Aditya Nath, Yogi.
Yogi Adityanath took oath as the Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister on Sunday.
The Gorakhpur MP stayed at VVIP Guest House after the swearing-in ceremony. He has decided not to enter the house without proper prayers and purification ritual.
Seven priests from Gorakhpur today conducted prayers at the UP CM's official residence without the presence of Yogi Adityanath.
He afterwards visited the house.
However, the newly-inducted CM will shift only on an auspicious date.
Addressing his first press conference after taking the oath, the Gorakhpur MP yesterday vowed to end the law and order problems in the sprawling and the country's most populous state.
In an apparent move to allay fears that he, as a long-time Hindutva icon, might discriminate against the minorities, Adityanath promised there would be no bias for or against anyone.
Adityanath was chosen by the Bharatiya Janata Party to be Uttar Pradesh's 21st Chief Minster after the party swept the elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what