Dear Zindagi: Don't let the dark side of exams cast a shadow on your child's happiness
Every parent wants their child to do well in life and wants them to get good marks in their exams.
However, the fiercely competitive world certainly doesn't make things easier.
But do marks or a percentage hold a higher priority than your own child?
Every year when school board results are declared, it brings with it a wave of depression and a number of suicides among students.
Who is to blame? Is parental pressure to do 'better than your siblings/cousins/friends/neighbours' worth more than your child's happiness and mental wellbeing?
Parents sometimes forget that children are a part of them. So what if they didn't score as per your expectations? Should their percentage become a measuring unit for your love for them?
At that point, your love and support is the only thing a child requires - a promise that you're with them at every step of their life, to pick them up when they fall. Because there is no shame in falling down, but there is pride in getting back up.
Don't let a mere marksheet make or break the bond of love and compassion you hold for your child. Let them make mistakes, they are, after all, human too.
Salutations to those parents who find a way to celebrate with their children regardless of how they scored in their exams.
You might not know it right now, but your unconditional support will definitely help your child later in life and you will see it when they live their life with their heads held high.
Show them love, give them hope, be their pillar of strength like you should, because a small speed-bump should never decide the journey of their life.
comments powered by Disqus
- Bihar Board 10th result 2017 LIVE: BSEB 10th result 2017/Matric result 2017 declared, check biharboard.ac.in; overall pass percentage is 50.12
- Delhi on high alert after Intelligence Bureau warns of London-style terror attack
- Virender Sehwag reacts on Anil Kumble's resignation, says Jumbo's shoes will be hard to fill
- Countdown begins as ISRO set to launch Cartosat-2 with 30 nano satellites Friday
- Saudi family tax creates big financial burden for Indians; 100 riyals for each dependent per month