NTPC signs loan pacts worth Rs 1,870 crore with 3 PSBs
New Delhi: State-owned NTPC on Tuesday said it has signed loan agreements worth Rs 1,870 crore with three public sector banks, to partially finance its capital expenditure plans.
"NTPC signed three loan agreements aggregating to Rs 1,870 crore with Punjab and Sindh Bank (Rs 570 crore), Andhra Bank (Rs 300 crore) and Canara Bank (Rs 1,000 crore) recently," the company said in a statement.
The loans have been extended at the respective base rates of the bank, which is the bare minimum rate at which a bank can lend, the statement said.
These loans have a tenure of 15 years and will be utilised to part finance the capital expenditure of NTPC, it added.
Shares of the company were trading at Rs 143.80, up 0.24 percent on the BSE.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300