ONGC to develop sports stadium in Tripura
Agartala: State-owned ONGC will spend Rs 25 crore to develop a multi-purpose sports stadium in Tripura, a company official said Friday.
"Responding to the Tripura government's request, ONGC (Oil and Natural Gas Corporation) has decided to invest Rs.25 crore to develop the Dasaratha Deb Sports Stadium at Badharghat," V.P. Mahawar, ONGC's Tripura asset manager, told reporters here.
He said the company would create a field each for football and athletics and a modern swimming pool at the stadium.
The Tripura government had planned a full-fledged sports complex at the stadium to be named after former chief minister Dasaratha Deb. The government has also set up a sports school and a 400-seat hostel for both men and women.
ONGC is setting up a gas-based 726-MW thermal power plant at Palatana in southern Tripura to cater to the electricity needs of northeastern states. It is the first such mega power project of the corporation in India.
The gas and oil exploration Maharatna company has also proposed to set up a Rs.5,000-crore gas-based fertiliser plant in Tripura to meet the growing shortage of urea in the eastern and northeastern states of India and Bangladesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission recommends 23.55% hike in salary for central govt employees; minimum salary set at Rs 18,000 per month
- Shocking fact of pay 'hike' in 7th Pay Commission recommendations!
- Full Report of 7th Pay Commission
- Unbelievable! Clean and healthy meals on Indian Railways at just Rs 20
- E-commerce war: Paytm Diwali sale offers 100% cashback on 25 million products