HDFC shares up 3% after Q1 earnings
Mumbai: Shares of Housing Development Finance Corporation Monday rose by 3 percent after the company reported 14.6 percent rise in its standalone net profit for the first quarter ended June 2014.
HDFC's shares ended 3.06 percent up at Rs 1,011.05 on the BSE. During the day, it gained 3.53 percent to Rs 1,015.75.
The stock was the top gainer among the 30-Sensex blue-chips.
Rise in the stock was instrumental in sending the BSE benchmark Sensex higher by 73.61 points at 25,715.17.
At the NSE, the stock rose by 2.21 percent to Rs 1,004.75.
HDFC Ltd has reported 14.6 percent rise in its standalone net profit at Rs 1,344.66 crore for the first quarter ended June, 2014-15.
The company had posted profit of Rs 1,173.1 crore during the corresponding quarter (April-June) in previous fiscal.
Mortgage lender HDFC's consolidated net profit rose 9.71 percent to Rs 1,872.90 crore against Rs 1,707.10 crore in the same period year-ago.
It's total income rose to Rs 10,039.40 crore in Q1 June 2014 against Rs 8,474.84 crore in Q1 June 2013.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300