Boeing 747-8 freighter to join Etihad Airways fleet
Abu Dhabi: Etihad Airways has signed a multi-year agreement with Atlas Air Worldwide to provide the UAE flag carrier with its first Boeing 747-8 Freighter.
The full liveried Etihad Cargo Boeing 747-8 Freighter will be the largest in the carrier's growing freighter fleet. The aircraft has a payload capacity of 138 tonnes and a range of more than 8,000 km.
This is the second such Aircraft, Crew, Maintenance and Insurance (ACMI) agreement between Atlas Air and Etihad Airways, complementing an existing lease agreement signed for a Boeing 747-400 Freighter in May 2012.
The delivery will take Etihad Cargo's freighter fleet to nine aircraft. From June, the airline will also operate three Boeing B777F, one Boeing 747-400ERF, one Boeing 747-400F and three Airbus A330-200F.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300